Reef nutrition

High School Classroom 150Gal - tank journal

@jstiltne How's the tank managing during summer cleaning at the school? (My tanks are not in great shape but made it through cleaning during heat wave with no issues - whew!) Your new classroom worked out well for you and tank? Staying put, do you think? Any interest in a calcium reactor setup? A few years ago @xcaret and other members arranged a donation of one to my classroom from ReefCentral people. I am positive I am not going to use it and would like to pass it on to another school. Let me know what you think.
View attachment 58440
PS. Fire marshal came while I was not there and removed some posters and student projects from the walls/cabinet tops due to fire hazard. Zoom in photo to see spaghetti cords by big tank due to problems with Apex, lights, pumps - not mentioned in his report. heehee

They (FM) did the same at my GF's classroom (4th grade, no fire). They made her remove stuff from the walls, all the while the school had installed a TV above head into a portable classroom wall.... it fell recently, luckily no child was harmed.

@RandyC @Klems Great suggestions but unfortunately against tech use guidelines for the school for security reasons. I have hit a really solid "No 2.4 gHz" at this point
Pretty hilarious they say it's for security reasons when some of the most secure companies I know use 2.4 gHz still mainly because it penetrates walls better. It's more the security protocols being used, so they obviously are just lazy.

One option you could do is go with is a cellular router and just have that as a separate network that doesn't touch your school's, and still be able to have remote monitoring.

Back