Neptune Aquatics

I saw Constantine with Keanu Reeves...

you can charge your battery with solar and then sell off the excess energy back to grid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah I know you can do that, but I don't think they allow you to charge off the grid, then use later. Primarily for a concern for ToU customers. Bottom line is they do NOT want you buying cheaper power in the wee hours of the morning, and selling back at much higher rates later so they just won't let you do that. Although apparently that is an option, I think they just software lock you out of that based on the local power company's rules.... which I'm guessing most won't allow that.

Yeah I know you can do that, but I don't think they allow you to charge off the grid, then use later. Primarily for a concern for ToU customers. Bottom line is they do NOT want you buying cheaper power in the wee hours of the morning, and selling back at much higher rates later so they just won't let you do that. Although apparently that is an option, I think they just software lock you out of that based on the local power company's rules.... which I'm guessing most won't allow that.

Kind of hypocritical isn't it? They can sell energy to us at higher rates, but we can't sell it to them? Gotta keep the little man down I guess.

Kind of hypocritical isn't it? They can sell energy to us at higher rates, but we can't sell it to them? Gotta keep the little man down I guess.
They're in the business of making money for themselves, not allowing you to make money at their expensive.

I mean you really should be happy that they allow you sell back power in general at a 1:1 rate, they fought very hard to try and reduce that, in fact there are places where they don't. Bottom line they're the energy monopoly, they don't want the little guy breaking into their gig, even though small areas could easily be PG&E free and not part of the grid as a whole with enough solar and storage solutions (Powerwalls or other brand batteries).

They're in the business of making money for themselves, not allowing you to make money at their expensive.

I mean you really should be happy that they allow you sell back power in general at a 1:1 rate, they fought very hard to try and reduce that, in fact there are places where they don't. Bottom line they're the energy monopoly, they don't want the little guy breaking into their gig, even though small areas could easily be PG&E free and not part of the grid as a whole with enough solar and storage solutions (Powerwalls or other brand batteries).

yeah my thoughts exactly. I like the idea of mini grids.

Back