Our mission

If you got stuff from me recently please post here

I have AEFW. If you got stuff from me lately please post here. Some of the stuff are from the big tank and it's not infected. Please let me know what you got from me.

No, they are from my small tank :( .. Sorry man.. I didn't know it until now. I dip everything before I put them in the tank and before I sell/trade, I dip it again in very strong TMPCC. I don't think these live on zoa anyway. Sorry about that Tonggao :-[

Don't worry about me Phong. I don't think they live on zoas either, and I dip and blast everything in strong TMPCC before putting them in my tank, including the two frags from you. Just to be sure, I went downstairs with my flashlight just now and inspected all my millies and Valida (AEFW love them the most) for 10 minutes, and did not see a trace of any bug :D.

I read somewhere that wrasses (such as 6 line) will help controlling the pests, even though it might not totally get rid of them. From reading on RC, fluke treatment and TMPCC seems to be the best. Since your tank is still pretty new, it should not be too difficult to pull the corals out for treatment, even though it will still be major headache :(.

I dip them in very strong TMPCC before I bag them too .. It's funny that I got the 6 lines wrasse to control the snail problem. My clam is dead but I guess it can eat FW then ;D .. I have a nice Valida colony too. It looks great right now. I hope it's not infected.

I do not have first hand experience, but I did read somewhere on RC that 6 lines and other wrasses eating AEFW from SPS. Also, if the AEFW is blasted into water column, most fish will eat them. The danger here is if some of them are missed by the fish, they might spread to other corals pretty fast this way.

The problem is AEFW do not live in the water column, nor are they plainly visible, I doubt a 6-line could eradicate them.

It's ok though Phong I know it's not from what I gave you, since that tank is all softies, no stonies in there.

Six lines do not eradicate flatworms.

You cannot see aefw unless you blow them off from the acro. The babies can live in the water column which is the reason why they are so hard to eradicate.

A quick dip in TMPCC only stuns them. Any eggs that are laid look like like finely ground black powder and take about two weeks to hatch.

I have decided to up the ante on quarantine and dipping - more like soaking with Fluke tabs for all incoming acros. The fluke tabs are incredibly strong and can do a ton of damage to the coral like TMPCC does.

Phong - I have a bottle of fluke tabs coming from Drs. F&S if you want to give it a try.

Thanks Eileen, I will let you know if I need it. We will see what happen in couple week. I do not want to start dipping everything and killing them before seeing anything else infected.
Yeah I know you guys don't suggest that but I think I will take my chance here. I checked all the stuff last night and none of them infected (yet). I guess I will learn the hard way :- ..

Phong, sorry to hear your tank got AEFW. I got a purple acro from you a couple of weeks ago. Was this from your big tank? I was keeping an eye on it after I heard you got AEFW but the acro looks okay.

xinumaster/perry

Sorry Perry, all the SPS are from the infected tank. I check out my colony last night and I didn't see any on it. Please keep an eye on that frag.

:( all zoa, SPS and LPS came from the infected tank. I don't really think they laid eggs on anything other than SPS. Sorry Eileen

Did I give you the pink zoa??

Ummm...yeah.

I'll go check - I think I'm okay. I have been putting the zoas into the smaller tank, but have been transferring stuff to and from the larger tank.

Back