got ethical husbandry?

I'm back!

After a 2 year absence, I finally bit the bullet and found a tank. Just picked up a used biocube 32.

A splash compared to what I want but after having 3 of these in the last 8 years, I know what works best and I'm looking forward to it.

Vinegar bath tonight and a deep clean tomorrow. I have about 120lbs of dry rock and plenty of sand I've been hoarding for the last 6 months.

Just going to have a pair of clowns and a goby/shrimp pair.

Zoas and some lps only (though the last biocube I had in my office did great with acros and a clam).

$160

Included an led retrofit, an ATO and some supplies.

I just need to get a circulation pump, make a refugium light and get an rodi system. I have over 100# of rock in my garage and a bucket of dry sand.

Attachments

• 20220124_140413.jpg
    20220124_140413.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 206
Removed the paint from the back panel so the fuge chamber will get more light.

Filled the bottom of the fuge chamber and the return chamber with rock rubble and marine pure balls.

Added sand and rocks. Mixing water now.

I'm not convinced this Current-USA led fixture that was installed in the lid is going to cut it much longer. There are a couple flickering leds.

How are you doing the fuge? Using one of the back chambers as the fuge, or HOB? I have a Solana 34g and am wondering if a HOB or fuge in the cabinet would be a nice upgrade!

How are you doing the fuge? Using one of the back chambers as the fuge, or HOB? I have a Solana 34g and am wondering if a HOB or fuge in the cabinet would be a nice upgrade!
I though about building an algae reactor but I didn't want something hanging off the tank.

I bought a generic cob led that will shine through the back wall, using the middle compartment as the fuge. I have had huge success in the past with this just using a household bulb.

I fill the bottom of the second and third chamber with rock rubble.

Attachments

• 20220125_105033.jpg
    20220125_105033.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 180
Slw-5 pump wasn't quite enough so I added an slw-10.

Got my ATO setup and added an inkbird heater controller that tracks temp readings and send me push notifications if there are issues.

I want to switch to an AI Prime but like having an enclosed top.

I got an Apex Classic brain box that had a mystery firmware issue. It was an easy fix.
Got a temp and pH probe.
Calibration solution is on its way.

Keeping my eye out for an EB4. May have to sell the stockpile of rock in my garage.
Screenshot_20220209-214237_APEX Fusion.jpg

Back