Reef nutrition

IM LOOKING TO BORROW A PAR METER

TwinsReef

Supporting Member
How's it going everyone, I finally decided to upgrade my equipment and just bought to xr15 gen 5 for my red sea reefer 300. I'm not so sure what intensity my lights should be. So I was wondering if I can borrow a par meter thank you

If you want to grow sps, set it to 60-80% max intensity at the manufacturer recommended height. If you only want to grow lps and softies, 40-60% is probably enough. BRS says 9" over a 24" cube, so start with that.

We do have a par meter that we let members use, but we want people to be around for a few months before we lend equipment out.

Honestly, I would just set it at 70% intensity for 2-3 hours, with a ramp up and down and call it good for the first year.

Previously I had hydra 26hd with brs setting at approximately 10inch height. I'm trying to keep a mix reef, which I know it can be a challenge. I decided to go with the ab+ settings at 60% intensity. Will see how my corals react schedule is from 7am to 7pm

The peak PAR is going to be similar for the two lights but the XR15 is going to be spread out better so the middle and edges of where the light hits will be getting a fair amount more. Something to keep in mind if you have low light corals on the sides of the tank. Just monitor and see if they're reacting poorly and move the corals away as needed. Welcome to the club!

How's it going everyone, I finally decided to upgrade my equipment and just bought to xr15 gen 5 for my red sea reefer 300. I'm not so sure what intensity my lights should be. So I was wondering if I can borrow a par meter thank you
Where’re you located I have apogee 510, can bring it with me to work during week days in San Jose( 4500 stevens creek blvd)

@TwinsReef Let us know what city you are in. You’ll have to wait a bit longer to borrow one of the club meters, but people often are willing to let you borrow their personal one if you’re local.

Back