Jestersix

Interesting..

Wondering if we can use something like this for our tank ;D
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/12/chill-out-dubai-refrigerated-beach.php

Haha, Dubai is the Middle East's real estate development giant. I'm not sure if this is still in the works, but Dubai is planning on making a massive indoor ski resort, complete with mountain peaks, lifts, multiple slopes, etc. They're also buying up chunks of real estate here in the States, makes you wonder what they plan on developing here.

Don't know about that plan but I know they finished the giant on the beach hotel..
dubai2.jpg

dubai4.jpg

dubai10.jpg

3.b.jpg

7.b.jpg

1.b.jpg

Dubia is also hurting for tourism and many of these projects are being shelved in recent times. Jailing foreigners for lengthy sentences over a microscopic traces of pot, or poppy seeds really hurts their ability to bring in tourism to say the least. I'm surprised Lindsy and Co didn't get arrested at the opening of the above resort :D

See what beautiful stuff all our money is building because we need to drive such fuel efficient cars :D (ok that's the only soapbox I'll do in this thread :D)

Seriously though, didn't they have the idea to supercharge reef growing by applying a voltage to metallic super structures under the water? How did that work out?

They didn't have that idea, it was spawned a decade prior to them even thinking about making such large resorts :) They did ask the man who thought it up to do it for them though :D I haven't found much on that project, it may have been shelved along with a bunch of others.

Back