Our mission

Jake Adams passed away

Man, that is a big loss. :( I loved his pragmatic approach to reefing and his sincere love for it. His videos inspired me to think about reefing beyond all the outdated nonsense and pseudoscience I had been absorbing as a newbie on r2r.

Terrible loss!!!! He died on a flight to Bali! His hands and feet started shaking on the last hour of a flight to Taipei, got up to go to the restroom and collapsed, did cpr for an hour, was pronounced dead when they landed. Terrible loss for the aquarium community and the world! He had so much more to share with the world!

Our local Colorado reef club just had an event at his shop the Saturday before he left on his trip. There was only about 8 of us there so it was a super chill environment to hang out and talk about his different setups. I would have never guessed this would be the situation a week later.

I saw this all over IG today, what a loss. .. Seem to be fairly young and healthy from what I could tell; Im not much for watching reef vids on YouTube but I did really enjoy rebuilders posts. Rest In Peace

Aww man that sucks. I never knew him on a personal level, but I did talk to him at a few MACNAs at his RB booth and on the one or two times he actually talked to the club. Dude was always full of energy and seemed upbeat.

"This GoFundMe was created to honor Jake's legacy and to help aid and support his wife, Windsor and their "little frag". YES, Windsor is 9 weeks pregnant. All donations will go directly to Windsor and their baby."

1666686096364.png

Back