Cali Kid Corals

Jeff's Classroom Tank Journal

When I offered it to you early in this thread I said Green BTA, which is a bubble tip. I should have written it out, sorry. It should not be on the sand, but on rock.

I remember that now. It was on the back glass and then fell off so I placed it in a crevice in the rock with low flow and hopefully tomorrow morning I will take foot. Did you feed it reef roids or any specific diet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One check - are you topping off the tank with RO? Be sure it is not saltwater topoff. I don't know how you have things set up in your classroom, but in mine if lids or labels get switched it would be an easy mistake.

RO water...different containers. Mistake was made over time by doing imprecise water changes. "nem has latched on, opened up, and fallen off the rocks several times. Just hopeful at this point. Fairly low flow in the tank right now. I fed it reef roids this morning and it opened up nicely for a while. Hopefully it will heal up. I feel really bad!

Hopefully it just needs time to adjust to salinity changes. Good sign that it ate. Clowns are not interested in it? Our ocellaris clowns loved it.

c3635811f27402081437537f65a77f7d.jpg

Looks happy today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still hasn't found its spot yet. You can see the foot on the outside, when a BTA is happy, it will anchor its foot in crevice or hole, not exposed like that. It does look like it is getting comfortable with the water at least.

tried all morning to get it to embrace a small piece of thawed krill. not interested...not sure if i need to try to feed it or just let it filter feed?

You do not need to hand feed it. It gets most of its nutrition from light. It may grab pieces of food you feed your fish from the water column. If you feed it too much, it may split often and crowd the tank.

My black widow bubble tip is probably 10" across and it prefers mysis shrimp over krill or table shrimp. Easier to digest I suppose. My clowns will drag food to it once in a while.

Back