Kessil

Jeff's Upgrade to DSA 105

I
Ideas on hiding the cords? thinking maybe drill holes in the cabinet base and feed them through, the down the middle using a cable raceway painted the same color as the wall?

The best would be a vertical laundry chute type duct space inside the wall.
After that I’d say route the cords to a corner idling enough, wire duct straight down the middle of not long enough, or find a way to get AC in to the canopy so the power bricks can live up there with no cords going down at all.
As for any cable duct being a matching vs contrasting vs. scarlet or gray, that’s your call.

While inside the wall sounds good, its very much against electrical code to run plug in cords inside of an enclosed wall cavity unless its within an approved conduit.

b0e08e0c7d1f9824326727b7349f830b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sadly, this isn't going to work as planned. some of my cables are too short (he he he) and i'm also worried about potential water. I think I'm going to need a wall mounted cabinet with a door. thinking stage right. will tinker this weekend with designs. I was so close.

Yeah I came to that conclusion too with one of the pumps in my 200 that's just swirling water around. 6 foot long power cord, put about 18" down in tank... lets do the math. 18" tank depth over the edge down 27" of tank height, another 3-4" of stand thickness/height, then across about 24" to a power plug... and were'e at. 6'1" and that's assuming it was an exact straight shot too.

actually, I think if I take the MP-40 holder board off, and raise the Apex board up, and then reinstall the MP-40 board below, it will work. There will eventually be a door in front and the side of the stand is open, so there's no heat issue. I plan on enclosing the power "station" off from the sump area, so should have no safety issues at all. No time to tinker tonight, but my wife has school tomorrow so it's all day reefing tomorrow!

With the notable exception of the unit not working here is my current melting
68efa6ff36e0b8e838e10be5769ec738.jpg

Mounting. For some reason both the lights are orange and cannot reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back