High Tide Aquatics

Jorahx 90g

0709233d4b1b9543cda8aaf77ded73e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly tissue on there still even though it looks like there's no zooanthellae. Zoom in on the tissue for a shot if possible.

Does look like there is still tissue there but a close up would help

@ashburn2k - how many frags have you thrown out when they look like that!?!

I haven’t thrown any out, but any of my frag looks like that is pretty much gone for good. But I did have one that grow back, but very slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like flesh is still there. Kinda see polyps in some of the axial corallites. Hard to say. If you see alage growing on it in the next few days, it is probably dead. But it stays white, might be a zoo bailout. Something in the tank changed.

Took the fiancés phone. It takes better quality photos. Using a filter thing so it’s not just super blue photos here’s more pics.

a33465d7e5f34a0acb4544e307b56f57.jpg

41d0b07054dc496f692bb37e97305804.jpg

efb70a1fb01b96050380feeacd4d78e7.jpg

The under side of this one turned white. Don’t know if it’s from being shaded by growth and underside dieing, or if similar to the tort.

a39efc5abe78c41b5e5534d17ea37ae4.jpg

Full tank shot to compare with other near by corals

c359f350ca9267c6432cb6fb62f60770.jpg

Did you dip to check for bugs or take an ICP? You might find a particular level is off. Some acros are more sensitive to certain things so just because others are doing ok doesn’t mean nothings wrong.

Did you dip to check for bugs or take an ICP? You might find a particular level is off. Some acros are more sensitive to certain things so just because others are doing ok doesn’t mean nothings wrong.

I did do an icp test. But they take two weeks (or more)for results. My last icp test was received around couple days ago. Everything was good except phos at .36.

I did a 35g water change. To try to help stuff but that ruins all future icp tests. I a won’t be doing another icp test. I feel the results are not helpful.

Yea it’s so frustrating how long it takes to get ICP results. It won’t save your corals in the short-term but you might learn something.

I wouldn’t give up all hope on it yet.

I haven’t given up hope. Still doing everything possible I can to ensure the safety and happiness of my livestock. Love the tanks. But so much is just a mystery when things die.

Icp tests are helpful just really delayed. Between the water collection date and the results date so much has changed it’s hard to accurately use that for guide line. Although, it did say my tank contained “tin” which is interesting and something I am trying to locate. My guess is, it is from the metal spicket on my garden hose I use to pump the water from my mix station in garage to the tank.

Alk 7.7
Cal 470
Mag 1320
Ph 8
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 30~
Phos .3

I have tried to use gfo in the past to lower the phosphates but have noticed the forest fire digi reacting negatively to even the slightest gfo. I tried it in a bag in the sump, and a reactor. The digi colony would start showing less and less polyps, until none would be out all day. Once removal of gfo the digi would start to open back up.

I’ve never heard of that but there are other products that will remove po4. I never used gfo. I used phosguard instead.

My first thought was, I was using to much at once in reactor and it stripped too quickly. Was dropping about .1 per week from .5 a couple months ago. At that point is when I stopped using it. I forget the exact brand, when I get home from work I’ll check the bag.

Icp test results show an increased level of tin and zinc.

After looking through all the equipment and both tanks / sump. I have came up with it might be from rust on the garden hose I use to pump water from garage mix station to the fish room.

Time to start looking for a new hose and spicket with no metal parts.

Most hose connections are brass. I’ve had one expensive hose that had aluminum connections. Almost all hardware (screws and bolts) have a zinc coating to give it some corrosion resistance. Tin can be in a lot of things (including screws and bolts).

Most hose connections are brass. I’ve had one expensive hose that had aluminum connections. Almost all hardware (screws and bolts) have a zinc coating to give it some corrosion resistance. Tin can be in a lot of things (including screws and bolts).

So do you think I should replace the hose? I have seen possible corrosion on the metal parts, thought it was just salt creep but could possibility be corrosion.

Back