Yeah I've thought about that, but no idea if it's too much. It's impossible to know until I actually get the tank matured. I would combat it by just feeding more or stocking with more fish.ok dont you think running skimmer/scrubber/rollingmat is overkill for nutrition export?, also the chiller will create hot air in your stand if you are enclosing it with boards.
this is the one i have and they are only get stingy if you piss them off. but my last one has been nothing but nice guy to play around, eat off my hands etc.
Build the rocks yourself? Again come take a look at my setup.A couple of somewhat boring updates:
I've been slowly collecting equipment that has gone on sale that I'm planning to get! Most recent purchases:
- ELOS is delivering the tank in a couple of weeks. They tried to get me to go with the gray aluminum frame rather than what I ordered (white), just because they had it in stock. But after looking at photos they sent me and what others have, I pushed back and am staying with the white frame. But now the guy who actually paints these stands is unfortunately sick, so they're not sure when he'll be back. Good thing I'm not in a hurry (PRO TIP FOR REEFING: NEVER BE IN A HURRY).
- I got my garage floor redone and all the walls repainted. I have a good temporary spot to setup the tank (mostly just get all the equipment and plumbing in, run it with tap to make sure no leaks, get the controller board/electronics all neat). I'll take the build slow, and once the house remodel is done next year, I'll move it in and it should be setup quickly.
- I moved almost all my critters out of my Reefer 170 into my 40G breeder temp tank. The 40G breeder has been "cycling" with some of my established rock for almost 3 months now, with regular dosing of food and ammonia chloride. Before I moved animals over, everything tested right and pods were everywhere already.
- I also added a new CSB anemone to it's own rock island! It's beautiful. Hopefully it'll grow and be ready for the new tank when it's ready.
- I had to restart cycling on my 10G fiji cube QT tank because I totally overdosed on ammonia lol. I added 180 more grams of Marinepure Gems (now at 360 grams), more dr tim's one and only, and started dosing ammonia again. Slowly this time. I'm still waiting for Reef Rubble from Aquabiomics. They were in stock for 5 minutes and when I checked it was sold out. UGGGHHHH. Again, don't be in a hurry (i keep telling myself).
1. AquaUV 25 watt
2. Neptune Trident
3. Neptune DOS (I have two, but one is probably dead, so getting another is good)
4. Maxspect XF350 (x2) and controller with nem guards
5. Avast Plank (another feeder, they had factory seconds with blemishes, so decided to get an extra one for the new tank, while using my existing one on the temp breeder tank)
6. UltraReef Akula 160, also ordered the DC pump upgrade
7. Avast Skimmate Locker (large)
I still have plenty on my shopping list, including:
- Royal Exclusiv Red Dragon 3 mini
- Simplicity Dosing Containers + float valves
- Apex Pro G3 + Salinity Probe
- Custom Sump (either Luna-Reef or Advanced Acrylics)
- Automatic Neck Cleaner (AquaDriver) for the skimmer
- Icecap Algae Scrubber PRO (Medium)
- And I'm going to work with Jestersix on the aquascape!