Cali Kid Corals

Kinetic ELOS 120XL

For the cost paid and the advertising of such a "premium" product I'd be asking for a full refund. Everything should have been test fitted prior to shipping, blemishes fixed, and damaged parts replaced. Any changes to the product specs from what you paid for should have been clearly outlined to you prior to payment/delivery. Sucks that you have to deal with these issues! I hope they make good on what you paid for.

I love it.JPG

I wub you too @rdriggett!

I had couple of blemishes on my waterbox stand . They take are of the issue pretty quickly. I was given a choice of credit $$ or they ship replacement panels. I since the cosmetic damage is hidden, I took the credit which is equal to almost half off the cabinet price.

Removed the rest of the crate sides (another hour of prying) and got the suction cups on. Waiting for muscle and then we’re going to put it on the stand.

Stand is leveled and ready, though I am still waiting on a response from ELOS to replace all the jankiness. When they do, I’ll probably need to move the tank again to replace the stand.

Anyway, the garage is just temporary until the house remodel starts and finishes. But I’ll start working on it (custom sump, plumbing, electrical) in the garage in the meantime.

6531F5D2-51AE-4F4D-B103-46DEEC7E290D.jpeg

5A59470B-A31B-4365-8481-60EFEBCBFDA5.jpeg

Next plans:
1. Buy all I can during black friday sales (hopefully what I want will be on sale, but it's usually not the case)
2. Make a fake sump using cardboard and "install" all my gear into it
3. Do some dry fit plumbing to test out how everything will go together
4. Probably order from Luna-Reef for a custom acrylic tank based on what I find from my fake cardboard sump
5. Get the sump and actually fill the tank with RODI water and run it.
6. I'll put together the aquascape
7. If I'm really bored, I'll just add salt and actually cycle the rockwork and some marinepure balls

Eventually, when my house is remodeled (I'm guessing a winter of 2024) I'll just drain then tank, move the rockwork/marinepure to a temporary tank, and then set up the tank in the house. It shouldn't take long since I should have everything ready to go already. This will give me a pretty matured rock/marinepure to start with.

Wow you are dedicated for planning a tank that is 2yrs+ away. If your tank isn't going to be up and running in your house until winter 2024/early 2025 wouldn't it be better to hold off on buying any equipment. Newer equipment with better tech will be available by then.

Wow you are dedicated for planning a tank that is 2yrs+ away. If your tank isn't going to be up and running in your house until winter 2024/early 2025 wouldn't it be better to hold off on buying any equipment. Newer equipment with better tech will be available by then.
Eep, I meant winter 2023. So yes, 1 year is still a long time. But with my busy schedule, taking my time like this will hopefully make for a very successful/long term tank!

I know for sure new equipment will probably come out, so I’m ready to possibly have to sell for a loss and buy new. But I think most other equipment should be fine. Skimmers probably won’t get better significantly… maybe rollermats will. The Apex was just released, so I think I’m ok there. But yeah, we’ll see!

The other downside is warranties will be up, even before I use the equipment, but if I start running it now for testing, I should be able to get things fixed.

@Mr2KiEu You have an ELOS 120XL right? Do you have the Quiet Drain 2? I'd like to compare to see if anyone else has this proclaimed "Quiet Drain 3," since there's absolutely no information about it anywhere.

@Mr2KiEu You have an ELOS 120XL right? Do you have the Quiet Drain 2? I'd like to compare to see if anyone else has this proclaimed "Quiet Drain 3," since there's absolutely no information about it anywhere.
Mine is Quiet Drain 2. Tank is still sitting on the pallet in the garage. I plan on setting it up next month. Looks a bit different than yours. You can reach out to Francois on IG. He’s pretty responsive thru DMs.
CD17A76F-8F30-474B-AC62-6AFD30300527.jpeg

Mine is Quiet Drain 2. Tank is still sitting on the pallet in the garage. I plan on setting it up next month. Looks a bit different than yours. You can reach out to Francois on IG. He’s pretty responsive thru DMs.
View attachment 42487
Thanks for the image. Yes very different! Does yours have an emergency drain?

I'm still waiting for Francois to respond. He seems to be quick when it's an easy reply, but he hasn't replied regarding the stand issues since the only real way to resolve it is to send me a new one. Last time I dealt with ELOS, it was also a very wishy-washy hand wavy kind of thing when I got my 120. It wasn't clear if I got just the front pane as the low-iron, or all 4 sides, and the story changed many times. I'm surprised this is still going on with the overflow.

Honestly, the QuietDrain 2 looks way nicer than what I have. Mine looks like a cheaped out version.

Thanks for the image. Yes very different! Does yours have an emergency drain?

I'm still waiting for Francois to respond. He seems to be quick when it's an easy reply, but he hasn't replied regarding the stand issues since the only real way to resolve it is to send me a new one. Last time I dealt with ELOS, it was also a very wishy-washy hand wavy kind of thing when I got my 120. It wasn't clear if I got just the front pane as the low-iron, or all 4 sides, and the story changed many times. I'm surprised this is still going on with the overflow.

Honestly, the QuietDrain 2 looks way nicer than what I have. Mine looks like a cheaped out version.

All ELOS Diamond series tanks are made of their proprietary Diamond Glass on ALL panels since their tanks can be used as a peninsula as well. Wouldn't make sense to have it only on one panel.

I agree the QD2 does look more refined than the QD3. I guess it's function over fashion, I rather have a better performing Quiet Drain than one that looks better.

Watch some recent YouTube videos, you can see some of the newer tanks with the QD3.

Back