Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

Lets see them full tank shot

Supporting Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2021
Messages
3,508
My dirty all in one 30 gallon

IMG_20211104_105102.jpg
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2015
Messages
918
Terrible shot of my 125. I really need to make a journal update, but I went through a phase where I lost most of my sps (except my 3 milli’s !?!) and some chalices. ICP analysis showed high zinc, so several water changes later things are looking back in track. Looking forward to picking up some easier sps at the frag swap.
7B525644-E90D-47CB-9F63-B6741079CF80.jpeg
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
16,464
Terrible shot of my 125. I really need to make a journal update, but I went through a phase where I lost most of my sps (except my 3 milli’s !?!) and some chalices. ICP analysis showed high zinc, so several water changes later things are looking back in track. Looking forward to picking up some easier sps at the frag swap.
View attachment 33081
did you ever find the source of zinc?
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2015
Messages
918
did you ever find the source of zinc?
Maybe?

Years ago, I got in the habit of putting on mild SPF right after showering in the morning. My copper banded butterfly (who came with the new tank) eats out of my fingers, and I was feeding right after getting out of the shower - with those same hands that I had the sunscreen on. Looked at the ingredients, zinc oxide. Then started morning feeding before showering and have done several large water changes since and stuff is looking a lot better. I'll be sending out another water sample for ICP pretty soon.

I also swapped out all jabao pumps so there's only ehiem, red dragon and ecotec's moving water. Pumps were probably not the source (seems everyone runs jabaos with no issues) but I did this before thinking about my fingers in the water every morning.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2021
Messages
3,508
Any chance that toadstool to the right is a real Weeping Willow?
Unlikely, It is a frag from a mushroom leather that was one of our original pieces 4 years ago when we first started the tank. Neat how it has the long tentacles though. If you'd like a frag, I have two chunks in my tank I can share.
 
Social media
BOD
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
1,905
Unlikely, It is a frag from a mushroom leather that was one of our original pieces 4 years ago when we first started the tank. Neat how it has the long tentacles though. If you'd like a frag, I have two chunks in my tank I can share.
Thanks, I'll trade you something for a frag. I'll PM you.
 
Top