got ethical husbandry?

Lets see them full tank shot

This is what I have in my tank Is like 140 gallons I think.
IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg
IMG_2330.jpg
IMG_2331.jpg

Beautiful sandbed - how do you keep the flow from pushing it all around?
I typically take a picture right after I levelled it again…

No, seriously, I have moved the vertical gyres slightly higher, but there is still a little bit of sand pushing, but interestingly more on one side (the side on the picture) not really the other - I guess this is due to the slighlty heavier sand from Tampa Bay I added on the other side some time ago.

I also have the vertical ones slightly less strong than the horiozontal gyres, i.e., 35% limit vs 40% limit.

Beautiful tank! Nice to meet you at the swap! I caught your real name but not your screen name and I was wondering who you were on here lol. Put the pieces together with your city in your profile and the upgrade to a 425 from a 170. Still have to figure out a couple more names of people I talked to lol, one down.
Thank you and Likewise! Looking forward to seeing y’all at the next one.

Nice tank, safe to say that you are a zoa guy. How does that flame amgel behave in your tank? I've been considering getting one at some point.
I have always kept flame Angels(one of my all time favs)in my reef aquariums. I have never had problems with them. Although I don’t have a bunch of LPS coral that they prefer to munch on.

I typically take a picture right after I levelled it again…

No, seriously, I have moved the vertical gyres slightly higher, but there is still a little bit of sand pushing, but interestingly more on one side (the side on the picture) not really the other - I guess this is due to the slighlty heavier sand from Tampa Bay I added on the other side some time ago.

I also have the vertical ones slightly less strong than the horiozontal gyres, i.e., 35% limit vs 40% limit.
I think vertically mounted gyres probably help, mine are horizontal which causes them to crash down in the middle where they start the return and that is what pushes the sand. I also run mine up to about 80% given the length of my tank - I think that's one nice advantage of having a slightly smaller tank!

FTS for compliance to the thread topic:

RH5A2315.jpg

Back