Jestersix

LF drilled 50g lowboy

Haven't really seen them around the area too much, they might just be too much of a specialty thing for stores to carry. You could always ask if they're willing to order them for you though. We auctioned one off at our last frag swap, but it was donated by someone who lived closer to Sacramento, and not sure how he got it either. Seems like the type of product a big box store (Petsmart, Petco) might carry but not sure.

Haven't really seen them around the area too much, they might just be too much of a specialty thing for stores to carry. You could always ask if they're willing to order them for you though. We auctioned one off at our last frag swap, but it was donated by someone who lived closer to Sacramento, and not sure how he got it either. Seems like the type of product a big box store (Petsmart, Petco) might carry but not sure.
My fish store has then near me but they dont come drilled. I've never drilled a tank and would rather have an experienced person do it. Lol

My fish store has then near me but they dont come drilled. I've never drilled a tank and would rather have an experienced person do it. Lol
Ah ok, well as Will said they're really easy to drill, they are thin glass because they're so short, so you don't want to put too much pressure at all on them but due to how thin they are they'll take next to no time to drill.

Maybe a how to for a future club event, how to drill through tanks? (With other how-to stuff obviously, since drilling won't exactly take too long)

I called bay bridge maybe a month ago about the low boys. Tank was like $115 or something. Pretty good price. They said $40 per hole. I just bought the hole saws needed for my overflow and returns and I’m gonna be drilling my low boy in the next few days. I’ll let you know how it goes. I spent less then 20$ on amazon for the hole saws.

Buy plumbers putty to build a water pool for drilling. And tape the other side. Towel at the bottom . Watch a lot of YouTube videos. I think you can do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back