High Tide Aquatics

Low budget calcium reactor setup

Adit0

Supporting Member
Over the last week my alk consumption has been steadily increasing to the point where I'm worried I'll outgrow kalk soon. Ive been looking a lot at two part vs calcium reactor, and am leaning towards a reactor because it takes care of trace elements (I like the concept of dead coral -> new coral) and requires less frequent changing of media. Looking for input on a solid setup that isn't too expensive.

Define your “low budget”. I’ve find wasting my money in ‘budget’ setup and had to sell and get the best one once for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not sure it really replaces as many trace elements as you might think. Not saying CaRX is bad, just don't assume it's a one shot deal

Not a dastaco for one... I'm willing to spend more on parts that are more critical to stable operation(maybe the pH controller is one such part?), but I want to cut costs on less essential parts(maybe the reactor body?). So input on which parts are more important and then actual product suggestions.

Not a dastaco for one... I'm willing to spend more on parts that are more critical to stable operation(maybe the pH controller is one such part?), but I want to cut costs on less essential parts(maybe the reactor body?). So input on which parts are more important and then actual product suggestions.

You just missed a great dastaco deal for 1k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

someone on rc is selling a koralin reactor for 250. then add a carbon doser. add feeding pump. add media. add pH controller. add co2 tank. it will add up pretty quick.

I too was looking for a calcium reactor, but ended up buying a dastaco c2. it's been a month and havent received it. it's being held up at customs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Over the last week my alk consumption has been steadily increasing to the point where I'm worried I'll outgrow kalk soon. Ive been looking a lot at two part vs calcium reactor, and am leaning towards a reactor because it takes care of trace elements (I like the concept of dead coral -> new coral) and requires less frequent changing of media. Looking for input on a solid setup that isn't too expensive.
how big is you system?

This is a reasonable price one for up to 200gal tank. https://pacific-sun.eu/shop/calcium-reactors/ibr-calcium-reactor-with-internal-bypass/

I have this Geo 612 with ph probe holder that I picked up from @Gablami a couple months back. My plans changed, so I'm not going to use it. Would sell for the $125 I paid for it.
20201024_101137.jpg

Back