Kessil

LSM Lunar Simulator Module (White Lights?)

Looking into buying a LSM module and adding a lunar cycle to my tank, although I do not like the Neptune string lights as they use blue light and isn't really a (moonlight). Anyone know how to add DIY lights or modify the neptune LED strip light to make them white?

I have a AI-Hydra 32 over a 20g tank and I love the Moonlight it gives out, looking for something similar to that tone of white.

Why do you guys want this?
It's very esthetically pleasing, get to see corals under a more natural light for a different perspective.
Piggybacking off of Coral reefer- Will you also match the sun's schedule? Dark by 5pm?
Nope, my light schedule is 4pm to 3am.

When I see my nano with bright moonlights on, it's just a reminder that there's a full moon or close to a full moon outside, so I go snap a pic of it with my phone haha.
20220812_011402.jpg

Long ago, my first tank had an extremely dim plain white LED; late at night, the tank had a magic peaceful look (that’s how I can describe it) then the craze for blue moon lights came; some argued to “simulate” the moon cycle but it was mire for aesthetics than for any other reason in my personal opinion. Blue light makes some colors pop and us quite a show when all is dark around the glass box.

Looking into buying a LSM module and adding a lunar cycle to my tank, although I do not like the Neptune string lights as they use blue light and isn't really a (moonlight). Anyone know how to add DIY lights or modify the neptune LED strip light to make them white?

I have a AI-Hydra 32 over a 20g tank and I love the Moonlight it gives out, looking for something similar to that tone of white.
Easiest way is to replace the leds in the LSM with white leds. Jamie did that for a few years, then stopped because the color of the light doean't seem to matter. It seemed a pretty straightforward replacement.

Back