Kessil

lumber price had gone up a lot

Has anyone buy lumber lately? Seem like the price is doubled compared to 6 months ago :( .. 2x4 before cost ~ $1.60 now ~$2.70 |(

yeah same stuff.. It's not just 2x4. Plywood and everything else too. I remember paying ~$9 for a sheet of 3/8" plywood (3 layers). Same piece cost $14 now..

Well what do you expect? It's not like the stuff grows on trees! :D

But yeah stuff goes up, often in unexpected amounts, it was a long time since I bought any copper wiring, and when I went and got #12, #14, #6 & #8 I was amazed at how expensive it was.

I recently bought a bunch of redwood and a few other pieces at a real lumber place (Baeur lumber) and the price was the same as it was about a year ago when I bought a lot of the same stuff before. Not sure about Home depot prices, whether they've increased or not.

HD prices always go up and down depending on that they payed for the lastest stock, real lumber yards have to live and die by their prices so they tend to cut prices into stone with their suppliers.

everybody that buys lumber including lumber yards is paying "market price". The price you see today is about where it was 1 year ago . 6 months ago it was the lowest I have seen in a long time . I almost bought a unit of 1/2 ply to have around it was so cheap . The independent yards pay market just like HD . HD has sooooo much volume that they are the only ones that can try to get the market price lower.

Back