got ethical husbandry?

MACNA 2012

sfsuphysics said:
GreshamH said:
Oh, yah, I'll be there as usual
Shut up Mr MACNA vendor :p

Dallas, while a lot closer than its been before is probably still out of feasibility range for going though.

I think you missed my point by a million miles, but that is nothing new.

I was congratulating him.

Not to mention over a third of MACNAs I have been to in 12 years was not as a MACNA Vendor.

And MACNA has been to Texas in the past, oh, and Cali :lol:

Oh hey it was in California, way back in 98, well considering the cost to attend said event, it really needs to be in a "reasonable" location for me to go.

edit: scratch that it says $30 for a Sunday pass that's actually quite reasonable, not sure why I thought it was $100+

Sure cost may be an issue for some -

The last MACNA event I went to was in Atlanta (great event!) - but it was a long plane ride.

Dallas is half the distance (three hours is not too far and that long) - woo hoo!

sfsuphysics said:
Oh hey it was in California, way back in 98, well considering the cost to attend said event, it really needs to be in a "reasonable" location for me to go.

edit: scratch that it says $30 for a Sunday pass that's actually quite reasonable, not sure why I thought it was $100+

Kentucky isn't all that far and that wasn't in the 90's :)

You will never see it in Cali again unless SCMAS takes it on. No place can do it while keeping the cost reasonably. They can only do it as they have been doing multi thousand person events for 8 years now, have the funds to do it (need tens of thousands on hand even before you start taking sales) and you need a several year stable BOD. Even then SCMAS wants to do a hybrid MACNA and I just don't see MASNA going for that.

GreshamH said:
Kentucky isn't all that far and that wasn't in the 90's :)
Have you seen a map of the US? :)

3hours is an ok flight, I'm going to Florida on AA, so there's a stop in Dallas each way so I don't get too cramped up for too long. My biggest issue is that if I'm going to fly somewhere, I need to make it a vacation, unfortunately the time of year this show is I really can't take a vacation.

Dallas aint that far. I once drove non stop from Dallas to Barstow. almost fell asleep at the wheel so the wife finished the rest of the way. 26hrs in car does take it out of you though.

LordHelmet said:
Dallas aint that far. I once drove non stop from Dallas to Barstow. almost fell asleep at the wheel so the wife finished the rest of the way. 26hrs in car does take it out of you though.
One way is 1700 miles from SFO to DFW. If you have a reasonably efficient 30mpg HW car, that's 57 gallons of gas. At an optimistic $3/gal, that's $170 each way. Fly :-D

for 1 person, Totally fly. wife, 2 kids, and trunk full of stuff. drive is much cheaper.

I wish I could go, Dallas was a cool city.

Back