Cali Kid Corals

Matthew's 65g Skyward Reef

Bought this guy yesterday. Seems to be withering away. Flat tentacles, green instead of yellow, retracting into skeleton. Everything else in the tank is thriving. Never had a torch before though. This was a $400 investment.

Salinity 1.024
Nitrates 15
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0

Bought this guy yesterday. Seems to be withering away. Flat tentacles, green instead of yellow, retracting into skeleton. Everything else in the tank is thriving. Never had a torch before though. This was a $400 investment.

Salinity 1.024
Nitrates 15
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0

I never had luck with torch, but sps grows well (at least before my battle with cyno/dinos). Can’t really understand why, but I just go with the flow.

20220715_151611.jpg

I put the torches under low par initially. Figured it was the flow, couldn't believe it because the flow is actually not idea. I didnt think tentacles would get flat and receed in response to a low light change.........Maybe that was the issue. Switched tanks to my one with the kessil and very low flow. Boom. Solved almost immediately. Hmmmmm

I put the torches under low par initially. Figured it was the flow, couldn't believe it because the flow is actually not idea. I didnt think tentacles would get flat and receed in response to a low light change.........Maybe that was the issue. Switched tanks to my one with the kessil and very low flow. Boom. Solved almost immediately. Hmmmmm
Sometimes they do that when they get stressed or just before they poop.

Back