Jestersix

Meat coral mouth open

How much drop did you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did 20 drops for a half gallon of water for 8 minutes. Then added another 20 drops for 7 minutes.

I had just found a few threads that say 40 drops per gallon. But this thing looked horrible and I figured “what’s the worst that can happen.”

it was spewing its guts and filaments and stuff. Can’t remember the “technical” term.

I did 20 drops for a half gallon of water for 8 minutes. Then added another 20 drops for 7 minutes.

I had just found a few threads that say 40 drops per gallon. But this thing looked horrible and I figured “what’s the worst that can happen.”

it was spewing its guts and filaments and stuff. Can’t remember the “technical” term.
Mesenterial filaments I believe

Second dip complete last week. The coral is looking better. Still gaping a bit and still some skeleton showing but this is progress. My wife even got it to eat a small piece of food a couple nights ago.

I plan to dip it again this weekend and start putting it in a separate container and feeding it once a week.
8452C3D1-B1FF-4582-BC10-3880BED8F323.jpeg

it’s still faded in color but healing. Parts of exposed skeleton are starting to heal and the tentacles are responding to my amino acid feeding at night. Feeding it now
65CDB508-D73C-4794-8E85-3A2453829952.jpeg

Update. I dipped it for the third time yesterday and accidentally left it in the dip for about 5 more minutes than intended. But it looks great today. It’s skeleton structure is healing and not poking through the bottom anymore and it looks much more poofy.

56553D9D-0BCF-44EB-8ABC-BFB47E3A951A.jpeg
9F7AC0D6-524E-45CB-9E65-702772040CA8.jpeg

Update. I dipped it for the third time yesterday and accidentally left it in the dip for about 5 more minutes than intended. But it looks great today. It’s skeleton structure is healing and not poking through the bottom anymore and it looks much more poofy.

View attachment 15976View attachment 15977
That’s great! Thanks for letting us follow along. I don’t think iodine dips are as common lately but it’s nice to see some of the original techniques still seem to work.

Good stuff! Is there any specific iodine brand to use or just any? I been watching too many BRS videos and now have rational that I can't just use any iodine and it needs "pharm" BRS branded grade.

Good stuff! Is there any specific iodine brand to use or just any? I been watching too many BRS videos and now have rational that I can't just use any iodine and it needs "pharm" BRS branded grade.
Lugol’s Iodine is whats used for many brands and is an ancient disinfectant, mix of toxic iodine and stable iodide. Dipping iodine like Lugol’s is different from supplementary iodine (which is just stable iodide).

Lugol’s Iodine is whats used for many brands and is an ancient disinfectant, mix of toxic iodine and stable iodide. Dipping iodine like Lugol’s is different from supplementary iodine (which is just stable iodide).

correct. I used bright wells lugals because that’s what I could find.

Wow, I had no idea. I always thought that Lugol’s was the brand.

Back