Our mission

Membership Cards

Yeah would be nice since membership is $30 which is the most expensive annual for any of the clubs I am in and they all have cards.

Yeah would be nice since membership is $30 which is the most expensive annual for any of the clubs I am in and they all have cards.
We have discussed before. Why do you want them? Is it really worth the cost?
If you think so maybe you can volunteer to make them...

We have discussed before. Why do you want them? Is it really worth the cost?
If you think so maybe you can volunteer to make them...

When we go to other club swaps, they have discounted entry fees for other reef club members if you can show your card (Luckily I do memberships for all the clubs). Neptunes will ask for your card as well for your club discount as they should. Is it really of a question of why we need them?

I have volunteered to do things before only for it to fall to the wayside.

I don't see why we need them. I'll contact the president of NVR and let him know we don't have cards. I can message him a list of members from our club that plan on going so he knows who gets the discount. We'll work it out. In the meantime, pm me and let me know if you're a supporting BAR member who plans to go to the NVR swap.

Fair enough. Me too, if you really want it though, only you can make it happen for sure. I know the board doesn't feel its necessary (I agree) and don't plan on making them, so don't hold your breath, not gonna happen.
When we go to other club swaps, they have discounted entry fees for other reef club members if you can show your card (Luckily I do memberships for all the clubs). Neptunes will ask for your card as well for your club discount as they should. Is it really of a question of why we need them?

I have volunteered to do things before only for it to fall to the wayside.
ughu

I'm not going to the NVR swap and have never been asked to show proof of membership at neptune to get a discount. Bring your smartphone (if you have one) to the swap and show them your profile page. If that's not enough just pay the extra $$ to get in. I would rather resources go elsewhere rather than making membership cards that will never get used.

It might not hurt to have advertisement cards that could be handed out at meetings, swaps, etc.
With the logo and the web page.
Those could double as membership cards I guess.
Especially with a stamp, or a little spot on the back where you could write your name.

But I tend to agree that membership cards alone are not worth the effort.
FYI: you can get 1000 or so for the price of a pizza, so cost is not an issue.

I think a more economically friendly solution would be more ideal like showing your member profile on the forum just like others have mentioned. For example, as a Starbucks shopper, I just use their mobile app to accumulate points and make payments. It's also one less physical card that I need to carry in my wallet.

Statistically, most membership/business cards are thrown away.

I personally don't want my wallet to get any fatter than it already is. It's chock full of membership cards, dumb rewards cards, stamp cards for tap express and Mioki sushi. Ugh.

The new wave is on our smartphones. ;)

What would actually be handy is a a card with forum name and real name, and in those clear plastic "pin to your shirt like a brooch/ID car" things. That way we can wear them to swaps and people know who you are versus the stickers that nobody writes their real name on.

What would actually be handy is a a card with forum name and real name
+1 on real names... In the forum too... I really want to start a thread in the forum to get to know you guys... Like real name and city.

I have a hard time mapping all of your forum names with real names.

Back