Kessil

Michael's 168 build

After quite a bit of selling off, here is what is left in the tank.

IMG_20221017_115811.jpg

IMG_20221017_115804.jpg

IMG_20221017_115757.jpg

IMG_20221017_115749.jpg

While I should sell everything, it is hard to let go of the last frags of my moneymaking corals, especially the two torches I still have. So I fragged the Hellfire again and glued the frag to another spot on the front arch.

Thank you to everyone who has stopped by to get a piece of my tank!

Last edited:
I thought we got those off! Oh well, wrasses for the win.

Also, the front right is a dendro, the others are tubastrea.
~10 more flatworms came off from 10s rodi dip + turkey blaster.

Yes, they are sun coral in general. I start feeding/training them to open in light.

Michael - do you have a list of fish in your tank right now? Or even a rough guess?

Not asking because I want any - in fact I had a free Yellow Tang show up from Biota today that I am worried has overstocked my tank...and I need a sanity check. You seem to keep a pretty heavily stocked tank and everyone seems happy, but interested in your thoughts on this (or anyone else who reads this).

I know there are a lot of factors besides simply # of fish, but you have 2-3 tangs from what I recall, a big rabbitfish, and a variety of other pretty active fish - which is similar to my tank.

Michael - do you have a list of fish in your tank right now? Or even a rough guess?

Not asking because I want any - in fact I had a free Yellow Tang show up from Biota today that I am worried has overstocked my tank...and I need a sanity check. You seem to keep a pretty heavily stocked tank and everyone seems happy, but interested in your thoughts on this (or anyone else who reads this).

I know there are a lot of factors besides simply # of fish, but you have 2-3 tangs from what I recall, a big rabbitfish, and a variety of other pretty active fish - which is similar to my tank.
~20 fish.
9 Anthias, 3 tangs, 1 rabbitfish, 2 gobies, 4 wrasses, 3 blennies,3 cardinal fish, 2 clownfish, one maroon, and a coral beauty angel

Last edited:
Healthy football shaped fish! I thought it was pretty cool how many little shrimp were living in your crushed coral. Lots of live food with all the feeding!

Totally agree
people generally don’t feed properly or enough!
I feel like there are only a dozen reefers out there that actually put food in their tanks the 4 times or so a day that most fish like. Or in the case of anthias, need.

An auto feeder that spins 4x a day, plus a breakfast of fresh roe eggs/frozen, then a dinner of the same. It is not magic. If anyone feeds their fish 4-6 times a day, they will have great colors and grow to be healthy.

Plus, all that fish poop is great food for the corals.

I wrote an entry on nutrition earlier in my journal and it still holds true. Feed pellets 3-4x a day, then frozen or fresh 1-2x a day and the fish will love you back.

Last edited:
Back