Jestersix

MOVED TO ZOOM- Jan 8 New Year’s Celebration with ReefBeef

Will you be attending?

• Total voters
Hey everyone, reminder this event is fast approaching. Please sign up in the new poll, a lot of you who have said you are interested haven’t signed up yet

I’m also interested in the questions about detritus. I used to fastidiously clean my sand and blow off my rocks and collect it in filter socks. But I always had the impression the corals didn’t really like it since they would mucous-up. One time I had an infection spread through some coral right after and it made me wonder if spreading microbe-laden detritus everywhere was a good idea. So now when I clean it I suck it down into a sock in my sump directly as I go. Plus just being increasingly lazy about stuff like that has lead me to only rarely clean out detritus now, with no apparent problems.

Last edited:
Another Q for them- How often do you clean your glass, and what have you found helps with extending this? Rich is famously lazy (the right kind) and Ben only goes to his clients‘ homes like once a week. If I let it go a week without cleaning the glass, it looks like crap by the time I do. Rich also says he doesn’t mind high nutrient levels, and Ben doesn’t even check them (lol) so I can’t imagine they have less glass growth unless they have some secret.

Are zoom invites being sent out the day of the event?

Question for Ben: Have you though about branching out into seeking shampoo/hair care sponsorships? Edit: Rich, same question.

Also, what is your favorite way of inducing wet skimming to make a water change and what others have you tried?

Looking forward to the discussions!

Reactions: JVU
I sent out a group PM to everyone who responded Yes or Maybe to the poll. If you didn’t get it, let me know and I’ll add you.

It wouldn’t let me include @BAYMAC in the group PM. Maybe because not a supporting member? I’m not sure but I thought I’ve been able to PM guests before so maybe because it is a group PM? I don’t really know. @svreef ?

I sent out a group PM to everyone who responded Yes or Maybe to the poll. If you didn’t get it, let me know and I’ll add you.

It wouldn’t let me include @BAYMAC in the group PM. Maybe because not a supporting member? I’m not sure but I thought I’ve been able to PM guests before so maybe because it is a group PM? I don’t really know. @svreef ?
I can make it tonight. Please send zoom link.

last minute question if not to late. you guys answered a reef beef question of mine a few months ago about velvet. i have passed the follow period in november i have fish now and everything is fine. just for future if it ever happens again and to reefers that havnt experienced it before. what are are the best things to do in your guys opinion while going through the supposed 76 day fallow period and is there other options to not waiting it all the way out. I am talking about a full reef with coral, inverts and everything else.

Dang. I had to get on a business call for the second part. Just when they were talking about sick fish. So interesting.
Thanks to whoever put it together. It was cool.

Back