Kessil

Mozby’s 2.0 Reef - Cadlights Artisan II 70G

So the time has come to finally pull the trigger on a tank upgrade. The nuvo20 was an awesome starter, but after a year of reefing, I was seriously itching for more room. To my surprise, the wife approved of a larger tank, so I wasted no time searching. My thanks to @RandyC for spotting this deal for me and a HUGE thanks to @Rostato for helping me transport the tank and stand all the way from Rohnert Park (Fun fact: A tank and stand of this size can fit into a Honda Element!)

The system is a CADLIGHTS Artisan II 70G. Not sure why they over-inflate the size but when you calculate based on dims, the DT is closer to 65g. Dims are 36”L x 24”W x 18”H, which I really like. The sump is 30g.

The package came with a TIA 115 protein skimmer as well as a Jebo heater and return pump, but I’ll be upgrading equipment before its up and running. Thinking Reef Octopus Varios-4 for return and a finnex titanium heater? Suggestions are welcome.

The stock plumbing is a durso plus emergency standpipe and some flex tubing. I intend to convert it to a herbie and hard plumb as much as I can. No experience with this whatsoever, so any help is greatly appreciated.

So... unlike my first endeavor, where all the equipment and supplies were procured and ready to go, this one is a work-in-progress and probably won’t be ready for awhile but that’s alright. This being my first sumped system, I want to do this right and not have to worry about it later.

I have a ton of questions on how I should move forward and might put that on a separate post. Meanwhile here are some pics!

be72073fc7e7852ca879a8ca832402c3.jpg
bf4eaf8edaa2b16799e4ae91ffdaa159.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Maybe 70G is just the model number and doesn't have anything to do with size, kind of like Red Sea 250 (oh wow 250gallons!) 250 liters? Liter?! is that even real, that's a unit of soda!

Regardless, it looks nice, is the sump glass too?

Maybe 70G is just the model number and doesn't have anything to do with size, kind of like Red Sea 250 (oh wow 250gallons!) 250 liters? Liter?! is that even real, that's a unit of soda!

Regardless, it looks nice, is the sump glass too?
Thanks! Yep, it is a glass sump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats on the new setup! Love the dimensions (perfect depth for a very cool reef-scape), looking forward to watching it develop!

Back