Reef nutrition

Mushroom hunting time again

Amanita phalloides kill a lot of immigrants as do many other look a likes.

seminolecpa said:
Odd that this was in the Chronicle today

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/11/24/BAQ71APBGB.DTL

Tis the season. When will folks ever learn. Death Caps says it all. We see these stories every year. Thanks for the timely link.

GreshamH said:
That's the Fighting Banana Slugs buddy!!!

Sorry, saw no mention of "Fighting" trying to visualize this and it boggles the brain. I did see this which is a strong statement that I can get my mind around

"Banana Slugs-No Known Predators." Found that in the above link.

I love UC Santa Cruz. Never attended there, but I really admire the folks who attend there and their Spirit.

Go FBS / Go Slugs sounds pretty trippy. I'm beginning to feel like I ate that red mushroom, Now, I'm wondering if a person could get a contact high from stepping on them in the forest. I try not to step on them or handle any mushrooms on or off our property, because I think spores can be released; and I believe that can be harmful to one's health / well being....

My family used to go up to Palomar Mountain every year to pick ferns. Now there are signs all over the mountain saying to not pick them in a lot of languages. Guess it got too popular.

Hey Gresh - Funny you went to Camp Hammer as I have a lot of fond memories of that place from the summers in 7th and 8th grade. I think the facility is still around but seems to have new owners as we drove by there a couple years ago on the way down to SC.

I had a blast at that science camp. My "cabin leader" was my old best friend that was a few years older and the adjacent cabin with more of my friends had another good friend of mine as a "cabin leader" so needless to say we did a lot of things that most didn't get to do :lol:

It was well before them so more of this:

905-bart-simpson-chalkboard.png

then that :lol:

Of course it was well before YouTube but I loved that image :p

Back