Neptune Aquatics

My 130G Tank 6 feet long

Here is Updated picture after 1 month since I got back to SF. I was gone 3 months. I lost:
  • a big colony of Gold Indo Torch,
  • an OG Bounce
  • big colony of hammers
  • and My homewrecker frag... that I got from @boun11 I think a fish or an emerald crab knocked it over (it was sad finding the skeleton and seeing the frab bigger but white...).

I was gone for like 3 months. I was lucky with my roommate to feed the fishes, trident and doser (my trident stooped working for like a the last 3 weeks) and the best was my fellow refer Danny he came 3 times to do the water change and some arrangements. Also I was saved byt @Turkeysammich Wi-Fii camera.
But I have to say I had to do cipro dosing. I got lucky because when I came my torch just died so it started an bacterial infection... Probably if I would have came a week later all my euphilias would have died.

From main display and the frag tank that is attached to the system.
My favorite coral is the scolly and the OG bounce, but forgot to get new pictures.
My SPS corner is starting to look really nice. I have to add pictures lator on.
IMG_2332.jpg
IMG_2329.jpg
IMG_2330.jpg
IMG_2331.jpg
IMG_2338.jpg

Last edited:
Here is Updated picture after 1 month since I got back to SF. I was gone 3 months. I lost a big colony of Gold Indo Torch, an OG Bounce and a big colony of hammers. I was gone for like 3 months. I was lucky with my roommate to feed the fishes, trident and doser (my trident stooped working for like a the last 3 weeks) and the best was my fellow refer Danny he came 3 times to do the water change and some arrangements. Also I was saved byt @Turkeysammich Wi-Fii camera.
But I have to say I had to do cipro dosing. I got lucky because when I came my torch just died so it started an bacterial infection... Probably if I would have came a week later all my euphilias would have died.
From main display and the frag tank that is attached to the system.
My favorite coral is the scolly and the OG bounce but forgot to get new pictures.
My SPS corner is starting to look really nice. I have to add pictures lator on.View attachment 61974View attachment 61975View attachment 61976View attachment 61977View attachment 61978
Sorry to hear about the losses :( For 3 months being gone though, not too bad. Did you do in tank cipro dosing? KFC method or just cipro?

Just Cipro. I was lucky @popper had some extra ones. He saved my tank! I think KFC is just a dipping thing. Is not an in-tank treating method.
I need to figure out where to buy to have at least 10 more pills in stock to be safe.

I'm fighting bubble algae little by little and some octasia. I Bought a coperband recently but did not see him going for the octasia, not even sure if his eating, I saw him picking stuff from the rocks but who knows. Also the rabit fish that I have is not eating my bubble alge. And my 6 or 8 emerald crabs are not keeping up. Also really need to lower my phosphate safely somehow.
I will start siphoning, and scraping the rocks, little by little. I don't wanna disturb too much at once.

Just Cipro. I was lucky @popper had some extra ones. He saved my tank! I think KFC is just a dipping thing. Is not an in-tank treating method.
I need to figure out where to buy to have at least 10 more pills in stock to be safe.
I can give you a 10pk of cipro to have on hand. KFC does have a recipe for in tank treatment I think, but it’s not public like their normal treatment. You have ti buy it from them. How did you dose the cipro?

You have to subscribe to their private Instagram story to get the in tank recipe. Although I’m sure it’s out there somewhere, but I think it’s nice to support them for doing all the research and development if one decides to go that route. Happy that just the cipro worked out for you!

Attachments

• IMG_0843.png
    IMG_0843.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 12
That's great we should meet somehow. If you can give me 10 pills.

This is like 3rd time doing the treatment in my tank. My entire tank system has like 185 gallons with main display sump and frag tank connected. I was dosing in the night with no carbon, no UV and no skimmer connected. Be careful the antibiotic is killing good and bad bacteria so you might get into a mini cycle with your tank.
After every treatment I was doing 25 gallon water change, adding carbon and trying to add new bacteria on a rock from somebody and maybe you can even use a bacteria bottle.

First time when I had issues I was dosing very little like a quarter pill for my entire system I think. I forgot I was doing like what is listed here:
Like every day for like 6 days and I skiked one cuz I was not home.
It work for the moment and then I started having issues again after like 2 or 3 weeks.
So I treated again.

Secound time - I used an entire 500 ml pill for 5 days straight.
And after that everything was good. Somebody from the forum that had a really nice tank told me that that is what he did so I did it as well.
And also not sure if I was reading somewhere but if you add extra antibiotic is not like you will do overdose to your tank. I think it will not get used. Or not sure exactly.
I belive here I started to have issues and cyano bacteria started to appear more but I had cyan before I did the treatment but then I got more. So I used chemy clean and that fixet everything.

Third time was recently like 3 weeks ago.
I dose the same 500 ml for 5 days straight. I did not get any cyano issues this time so I did not do chemyclean.

But this is my experience so far.

You have to subscribe to their private Instagram story to get the in tank recipe. Although I’m sure it’s out there somewhere, but I think it’s nice to support them for doing all the research and development if one decides to go that route. Happy that just the cipro worked out for you!
Did not know.

That's great we should meet somehow. If you can give me 10 pills.

This is like 3rd time doing the treatment in my tank. My entire tank system has like 185 gallons with main display sump and frag tank connected. I was dosing in the night with no carbon, no UV and no skimmer connected. Be careful the antibiotic is killing good and bad bacteria so you might get into a mini cycle with your tank.
After every treatment I was doing 25 gallon water change, adding carbon and trying to add new bacteria on a rock from somebody and maybe you can even use a bacteria bottle.

First time when I had issues I was dosing very little like a quarter pill for my entire system I think. I forgot I was doing like what is listed here:
Like every day for like 6 days and I skiked one cuz I was not home.
It work for the moment and then I started having issues again after like 2 or 3 weeks.
So I treated again.

Secound time - I used an entire 500 ml pill for 5 days straight.
And after that everything was good. Somebody from the forum that had a really nice tank told me that that is what he did so I did it as well.
And also not sure if I was reading somewhere but if you add extra antibiotic is not like you will do overdose to your tank. I think it will not get used. Or not sure exactly.
I belive here I started to have issues and cyano bacteria started to appear more but I had cyan before I did the treatment but then I got more. So I used chemy clean and that fixet everything.

Third time was recently like 3 weeks ago.
I dose the same 500 ml for 5 days straight. I did not get any cyano issues this time so I did not do chemyclean.

But this is my experience so far.
Yeah I’m in San Jose and you’re in SF but if you ever come down or I come up we can arrange to meet up. If I would’ve know you were looking for some I would’ve brought them to the swap :( Thankfully I haven’t dealt with bacterial issues yet but I’ve seen a few people recently struggle with that so I secured some cipro and amoxicillin to have on hand just in case. Better to be prepared. I hear when these issues come up, they can take out your coral really fast

Back