Reef nutrition

My fish tank

exp0003-3.jpg

Looks great Mark! Which red stag is that? I can't seem to get any of them to do anything in my tank, right now I have Eric's red and it's just sitting there like my red ink selago did :~

tuberider said:
Looks great Mark! Which red stag is that? I can't seem to get any of them to do anything in my tank, right now I have Eric's red and it's just sitting there like my red ink selago did :~

Jeremy, That is the Rainbow corals red stag. I know, they went out of business a long time ago. Its a red stag with green polyps; nothing too special. You want a piece? I can DBTC a piece for you ;)

As for red pieces, clint red stag (originally from aquascene) and the red robin have to grow a nice base before they grow upwards. ( i bleive they are teh same piece as I have grown them together multiple times.

topdown70007.jpg

I'd love to try a piece, all I want is a red stag that will grow (green polyps sounds cool too). Millis and prostatas do fine, those damn red stags though are a different story...

xinumaster said:
I know, but it is still toooooo clean. No coralline or any algae at all. :O

It was just starting to form. Before I set up the tank, I laid downa sheet of 3/8" PVC. I was also syphoning the tank every week for 8 weeks.

xinumaster said:
Mark, what was the reason for going back?

I am not really a fan of the BB look. It made all the chalices and favias on the bottom too cluttered for my liking. I removed the sand because I was having some diatom woes that I could not source. There would form on the finer sand and no matter what I did, they would return. That was the reason that I removed it in the first place and believe me, if I could of fixed it without going to those extremes, I would of never of touched it.

No thread lock needed, My eyes only see sand :D I know the BB works for some and it may be an easier way to keep a tank, but when your wife says, " I miss the sand' the tank just doesn't look the same". It was time as its just as much her tank as mine as she allows me to be a reef nut :)

I'll be heading over to the sandy side soon too Mark, I just move very slow when it comes to my tank. I'll let you know when I do so we can toast!

mpoletti said:
And here is a BB FTS from earlier this week. I am so glad to have sand in the tank again ;)

TOTMBBwallshot.jpg

Looking at this shot from last week, I am really glad to have sand again. I would of rather not of broke the colonies I did yesterday, but thats the risk when you put your hands in the tank to "move just one piece"

Back