Reef nutrition

My Jellyfish Journey

@Rostato I have a used Jelly tank that we might want to sell. PM me if interested as I do not want to de-rail this great thread.

We gave it two tries to have jellies and did not have great luck unfortunately. They were cool and great to look at when we did have them. The Moons would eat and survived a few months and started to shrink until they dissolved to nothing. I believe the pH was lower then I thought in the tank (no Apex on that tank) and this was was the cause but not sure. Then almost 4-6 moths later we tried again and had the tank cycled and parameters were where then needed to be and tried again with not a moon jelly this time, but a Violet jellyfish by quality marine and they were really cool and were less expensive then the moon jellies and looked cooler. Unfortunately they were damaged in shipping so then did not last very long.

1572504179445.png

When I ordered the Moons they were around $200 for three Lg and the Violet were under $100 for all three

@Rostato I have a used Jelly tank that we might want to sell. PM me if interested as I do not want to de-rail this great thread.

We gave it two tries to have jellies and did not have great luck unfortunately. They were cool and great to look at when we did have them. The Moons would eat and survived a few months and started to shrink until they dissolved to nothing. I believe the pH was lower then I thought in the tank (no Apex on that tank) and this was was the cause but not sure. Then almost 4-6 moths later we tried again and had the tank cycled and parameters were where then needed to be and tried again with not a moon jelly this time, but a Violet jellyfish by quality marine and they were really cool and were less expensive then the moon jellies and looked cooler. Unfortunately they were damaged in shipping so then did not last very long.

View attachment 12895

When I ordered the Moons they were around $200 for three Lg and the Violet were under $100 for all three

Ph in this tank shouldn’t be an issue. The bubbles are what creates the flow in this tank. So it gets lots of O2

Ph in this tank shouldn’t be an issue. The bubbles are what creates the flow in this tank. So it gets lots of O2

That was the only parameter that was off when we had the first round. Good luck and I hope you are more successful then I was in this adventure.

Well it’s been about a month with the jellies and all is well. 3 of the 4 have doubled in size. One has looking rough for a bit, so I upped the flow a bit and had to target feed it. It’s now looking better and eating!

Well, the one jellyfish that stayed small and barely stew finally died Christmas morning.

Otherwise everything is going well.

These things are sort of boring.

Anyone want to buy a jellyfish tank?[emoji23]

Yes, all media was cycled in my reef tank and it was all reef tank water.
Do you think I can use this media? It says to replace it every some months, but I planned to seed it in reef tank sump and then place it in jelly tank compartment like you did. Not sure if this is appropriate media.
4B034051-FF47-475B-979C-E7793D3D4AD7.jpeg

@Rostato sorry I did not read all the thread, just wanted to ask if you were successful with keeping jellies...its been on my bucket list for years but never had the guts to do it..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back