Neptune Aquatics

My Jellyfish Journey

Yes so far so good. I am actually going to sell it.

They are just a bit boring for me and I hate having to clean two tanks every two weeks. I’d rather just stick to the reef.

I still have three happy and healthy ones.

If your interested in buying the whole set up ready to go let me know.

Yes so far so good. I am actually going to sell it.

They are just a bit boring for me and I hate having to clean two tanks every two weeks. I’d rather just stick to the reef.

I still have three happy and healthy ones.

If your interested in buying the whole set up ready to go let me know.
Hmm tempting. Any chance you have a pic of the setup..I did not plan yet and did not think of such setup spot..
How often do you feed? Whats their husbandry like?
Should it be jellies only or can host something else?
What would you say the major difference running this setup with regular reef or fish only systems?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

@ofzakaria We have had moon jellies a few times in my classroom and will get another batch in a month or so. Like @Rostato said, they are not as interesting and always changing like a reef, but just drift around and eat. Mesmerizing for awhile, though. If you like to tinker and try gadgets, there’s not too much to do. Our tank is different from his with less flow and had low pH, so required some modifying.

Hmm tempting. Any chance you have a pic of the setup..I did not plan yet and did not think of such setup spot..
How often do you feed? Whats their husbandry like?
Should it be jellies only or can host something else?
What would you say the major difference running this setup with regular reef or fish only systems?

Here is a video

I feed live baby bribe shrimp every day from the hatchery I have.

Water change and cleaning every 2 weeks.

Can only be jellies in the tank. But I have one blue legged crab and some mini serpent stars in there for cleanup crew.

Only difference from a fish only is having to do more water changes and feeding live food.

Jellies do require a lot of research prior to taking the leap. Lots of little things you need to know.

Here is a video

Can only be jellies in the tank. But I have one blue legged crab and some mini serpent stars in there for cleanup crew.

Only difference from a fish only is having to do more water changes and feeding live food.

Jellies do require a lot of research prior to taking the leap. Lots of little things you need to know.
All we need now is a price :)

@ofzakaria We have had moon jellies a few times in my classroom and will get another batch in a month or so. Like @Rostato said, they are not as interesting and always changing like a reef, but just drift around and eat. Mesmerizing for awhile, though. If you like to tinker and try gadgets, there’s not too much to do. Our tank is different from his with less flow and had low pH, so required some modifying.
Super useful thank you molamola,
If you do not mind another question:
What's their life expectancy?
Do they well in captivity?
How big get and how fast do they grow?

I want to make sure it's not an animal that will overgrown the system quick and I end up having to look for rehome which will not be easy..

Here is a video

Oh you need life food?? Is it s must?

I have heard moon jellies are supposed to live about 1-1.5 years. In my experience some shrink and disappear sooner, some live around nine months, and a few go longer. Students took care of ours (new group every month or so) and they were not fed on weekends, which likely reduced their lifespan.
Like @Rostato said, there are lots of little things you need to know, and I need to remind myself of every year - jelly tank manufacturers and hobbyists have info links and new developments in care.
Unless you get some unusually huge jellies, I don't see them outgrowing the tank. They do not grow large like moon jellies in the ocean. Ours responded the most to live food, but jellies can eat dried jelly food powder (I tried this sometimes) or frozen (did not try but would like to).

Back