Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

My Lobo takes all comers

Past President
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
6,506
I'll add mine into the mix too.
 
G

GreshamH

Guest
Well, should we just put them into a tank and see who really is the HIGHLANDER?

highlander_resam.jpg


There can be only ONE!
 
Guest
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
375
[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=6330.msg80758#msg80758 date=1234480617]
lobo vs brown palys? Maybe that's a safe way to rid your rocks :D

[/quote]

Okay, I need to get me a lobo. :D
 
G

GreshamH

Guest
[quote author=Natterjak link=topic=6330.msg81078#msg81078 date=1234563479]
[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=6330.msg80758#msg80758 date=1234480617]
lobo vs brown palys? Maybe that's a safe way to rid your rocks :D

[/quote]

Okay, I need to get me a lobo. :D
[/quote]

Sorry, brown palys would win. I've seen that battle :( Brown palys nearly destroyed the Penn State tank.
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
9,047
I'll try the brown Palys when I get a few and will photo document their demise :D
 
Guest
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
375
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=6330.msg81079#msg81079 date=1234563766]
Brown palys nearly destroyed the Penn State tank.
[/quote]

What ended up happening? Did they manage to get rid of them?
 
Past President
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
6,506
whoops sorry Gresham. Meant to respond to your post with the Highlander on it and wound up editing it by accident (there can be only ONE!)
 
G

GreshamH

Guest
[quote author=Natterjak link=topic=6330.msg81084#msg81084 date=1234564724]
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=6330.msg81079#msg81079 date=1234563766]
Brown palys nearly destroyed the Penn State tank.
[/quote]

What ended up happening? Did they manage to get rid of them?
[/quote]

Tossed most the rocks out after the tank temp dropped and the palys poisoned the water (nearly crashing the entire tank). He got nailed by the rock by boiling it months later after the snow melted. At least that is my recollection of it, I'd have to ask Sanjay again to really know if that was how it went down :) He did post on multiple forums about it (RC/RDO/MR)
 
G

GreshamH

Guest
I'm afraid there is no real easy fix for them, sorry :(

What other corals do you have? Could you isolate them and utilize a nasty shrimp, fish, starfish, snail, etc?
 
Guest
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
375
Mostly SPS and clams. Some LPS, but those can be moved to my RSM if I need to. So pretty much anything that will eat these and leave my SPS and clams alone, I'm open to trying! Fish, shrimp, anything. :)
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
1,291
IIRC camel shrimp are known to eat polyps....not sure how other corals would fare though..
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
995
pretty crazy, I thought my Orange Crush and Hydnopora has some powerful sting.. I had to throw my hydno away cause it was killing all the corals next to it.

I have a lime green coris that i would love to feed your lobo with, i just need to catch it.
 
Top