Neptune Aquatics

My New 13.5!

Great looking tank! You should glue the zoas together on your rock and make a garden it would look super nice!

Introducing the Zoa Garden!!!
26d3124a2c847df0651425212e8d263c.jpg

Duuude! That looks insane for a June tank!!!
I started mine back in March, and its only just started to look presentable.
Did you start with live rock + live sand?

Thanks!!! I used live sand, dry rock, and that’s it! Just let it’s do it’s thing for a while, tested parameters,added fish, waited a bit, tested again, and started adding coral. No dosing, just weekly 3 gallon or so water changes. That was one of the major things for me when getting into the hobby was that I didn’t want to have to dose anything, and so far, Coral Pro Salt has kept my parameters in check.

Thanks!!! I used live sand, dry rock, and that’s it! Just let it’s do it’s thing for a while, tested parameters,added fish, waited a bit, tested again, and started adding coral. No dosing, just weekly 3 gallon or so water changes. That was one of the major things for me when getting into the hobby was that I didn’t want to have to dose anything, and so far, Coral Pro Salt has kept my parameters in check.
Nice! I use the same salt - how do you handle Alk swing during your water change?
My alkalinity drops about 0.3dKH each day, so with a starting alk of 10dKH in the fresh salt mix, it will drop to around 7.5-8dKH before a water change.

Nice! I use the same salt - how do you handle Alk swing during your water change?
My alkalinity drops about 0.3dKH each day, so with a starting alk of 10dKH in the fresh salt mix, it will drop to around 7.5-8dKH before a water change.

To be honest, with the tank that I’m running, I’m not too worried about the alk swings. As long as I keep the water changes constant, the tank seems to be just fine. I tested 2 weeks ago before a water change and I tested at 8.5 dKH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back