Neptune Aquatics

My New 13.5!

5b1cd7566170f33068697ee552130ded.jpg

Hey all! I am new to the hobby, and thought that it would be a good idea to keep a journal of my tank! I previously had a 5 gallon tank when I was a bit younger, but was way too impatient and it never worked out. Fast forward a year or two and I got back into the hobby thanks to my good friend John. Who has been super helpful, so shoutout to you John! After being patient, through, and attentive, I now have some of my first corals in my tank. I hopefully plan to keep the updated as much as possible.
HARDWARE:
-Fluval 13.5 Gallon Tank
- AI Prime 16hd light on Metal Mount
- InTank Media Basket
- using ChemiPure Blue Nano packets
-Hygger 1600GPH Wavemaker
- AutoAqua Smart ATO micro
All on a nice wooden stand from PetSmart
LIVESTOCK:
2 really nice Clowns that are a pair
2 coral bandit shrimp
4 hermit crabs
4 snails
I’ll keep this post updated with the coral I get as I am still setting it up now!
Thank you all, and feel free to throw suggestions my way!

Agree, what light settings do you think I should be running on the tank? The light is roughly 8-10 inches off the water surface. I’m currently running all colors at 30%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it were me... blues/violets crank those up since those will be what make your corals look awesome, whites you put in whatever you find as a good visual color for you to look at, reds/greens I wouldn't put much into them at all they really are only there for visuals and won't really make your corals grow at all, but toss it into the same category as the whites if you find a particular coral looks a little better with red (if it's a red coral) then knock yourself out just don't put too much intensity there.

Agree, what light settings do you think I should be running on the tank? The light is roughly 8-10 inches off the water surface. I’m currently running all colors at 30%.

I really like the Saxby presets available on the AI site. You'll likely need to adjust the light intensity (I have mine 10" above my IM Nuvo 20 and run it at 45%-ish), though; although - after 60 days since becoming a supporting member have elapsed - you'll be able to borrow one of the club's PAR meters to get objective readings.

Nice tank, too! It looks great. :)

I really like the Saxby presets available on the AI site. You'll likely need to adjust the light intensity (I have mine 10" above my IM Nuvo 20 and run it at 45%-ish), though; although - after 60 days since becoming a supporting member have elapsed - you'll be able to borrow one of the club's PAR meters to get objective readings.

Nice tank, too! It looks great. :)

I’ll definitely look into that! Appreciate it!

Nice! The evo was my gateway drug into this fine hobby. I second the saxby preset and at 10” off the water will give you roughly 150 par through the whole tank give or take. I’ve used all the AI presets and the saxby one is my favorite. Starts and ends with deep blues while giving a nice daylight view in the middle.

Cool, not sure your budget, but if it’s snot too big spend the money on equipment you need first like a quality Heater and temp control.

The heater I have will do just fine for now. Heading down to Neptune to get one now. Also getting a temperature controlled unit today. My tank currently is sitting at 77.4 degrees. Thanks.

Back