License to krill

My Ocean in a Glass Box

Mr2KiEu

Supporting Member
Wayyyy overdue for a tank update. Reefer 250 is still up and running but clownfish harem project didn't end up working out so well. After the clownfishs got to about 1.5yr old they started to establish a hierarchy. A dominate female and dominate male paired up. The rest stayed males and started to bully and kill the smallest clownfish. I started noticing missing clownfishs and it was always the smallest clownfish that had torn fins and tail from being bullied. I decided to re-home most of the clownfishs. I still have two groups of three clownfishs paired up. I assume this works since the "3rd wheel" clown is there as a backup in case one of the dominate dies.

On the bright side I moved into a new home and ended up getting a really good deal on a used Reefer 525XL. Biggest tank I've owned so far and loving it!!! Still a work in progress.....
E1BA9403-19E2-4132-B2AF-FF232FB144CE.jpeg
479EDE8B-2DA8-4580-A64F-FDF1552E4616.jpeg
B8C2E082-2C71-4183-A17F-5D2D68B909E2.jpeg
7842EA47-F012-4B7A-8CFB-88391F8A511D.jpeg

Chromis

Supporting Member
That’s the first time I ever saw a sailfin tang and didn’t wonder “what do other people see in these fish?”

Mr2KiEu

Supporting Member
Man you got a LOT of tangs in that tank. Was that a Gem tang i just saw? Do all the tangs get along?
Yeah that's a Gem. I've got 5 tangs. Yellow belly Blue, Yellow, Purple, Gem and Desjardin. They’re all one big happy tang gang lol.

Mr2KiEu

Supporting Member
That’s the first time I ever saw a sailfin tang and didn’t wonder “what do other people see in these fish?”
Thanks. I like the Desjardin sailfin tang much better than the normal sailfin tangs. The orange accents on the body makes a big difference.