Jestersix

My Semi-annual upgrade

Haha, no one is dumb as the US government here. Selling bonds to fund this bail out. Most of the bonds being bought up by China. China is taking OVER. lol

I've never seen my bulbs turn black on the edges, I would guess its time for you to change your bulbs.

Recorded some Par values with the new fixture. Seems pretty good.

oct27thparreading1of1small.jpg

The par numbers may seem a bit decieving because most of the higher coral are towards the back of the tank. The par values towards the back of the tank is less than the middle. About 4-5" down dead center in the tank the par level is about 450.

Sweet info, Ian.

Just ordered the PAR meter from the GB and it'll be interesting if I'm even close to those numbers in the upper reaches of the tank.

Ok, so I just installed a tunze nano wave box. Now I have a wave going front to back and side to side. Not sure how much it improved the flow but it looks cool.

Derek at OT got some nice clams in going to be adding these two to my display shortly. They are in my frag tank now so I can get some nice shots before I transfer them.

Maxima
clams2of2copy.jpg

Maxima/crocea hybrid
CroceaMaximahybrid2copy.jpg

Ian, how deep is your tank? and how far is the T5 fixture from the water line? Do you think the 12x 54w fixture will work on a 30" deep x 30" width?

Thanks Phong.
Yup Arnold those are the ones. They are a bit small.
Daniel, I'm happy for now haha.

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=4283.msg62863#msg62863 date=1226085748]
Ian, how deep is your tank? and how far is the T5 fixture from the water line? Do you think the 12x 54w fixture will work on a 30" deep x 30" width?
[/quote]

Perry, well, I'm not sure about the 30" tall part. I am getting good par at the bottom of my tank but my tank is only 20" tall. It will do the full 30" width spread fine.

[quote author=Tumbleweed link=topic=4283.msg62940#msg62940 date=1226116811]
Yeah it is just hard to get out there. Time is a factor and I hate the city
[/quote]

Yep, it's a hard place to have a LFS, there's plenty of them, in fact I think there are more LFS than parking spaces in the city :D

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4283.msg62946#msg62946 date=1226118245]
Yep, it's a hard place to have a LFS, there's plenty of them, in fact I think there are more LFS than parking spaces in the city :D
[/quote]
That would not surprise me.

Back