Jestersix

Nano-Tech Bio-Plug Frag Plugs (25 Pack) - Maxspect

Patio

Supporting Member
Clever product or clever marketing? Or somewhere between? Curious what you guys think about these new frag plugs?

New product on MD . comb. I am not sure if allowed to post a link to it

Here is a copy of some of the marketing:

These are not your ordinary frag plugs! Maxpect`s Nano-Tech Bio-Plugs are made from the same porous ceramic material as their popular Bio-Blocks and Bio-Spheres, meaning they can also serve as bio-media! Nano-Tech Bio-Plugs` porous design allows beneficial bacteria to colonize both inside and on the surface of the plugs, helping to keep your tank clean.

The water-permeable nature of these plugs also allows water current to penetrate from both the bottom and the top, making it easier for your coral frags to extract nutrients from the water column. The bacterial colonies that grow within the plug are easily captured by the frag polyps as food, which helps your corals grow faster and healthier.

Features:

• 2-in-1 design for maximum efficiency: holds frags and filters water
  • Made from the same porous ceramic material as Maxpect`s hugely popular Bio-Blocks and Bio-Spheres
  • Stimulates coral growth (corals grow faster and healthier when compared to standard frag plugs)
  • Fits most standard frag holders, racks, rocks, and coral transporters
  • Embossed with the Maxspect logo

Pair these plugs with the Maxpect Fragnifier (A Magnified Viewer, Algae Magnet Cleaner, and Frag Rack 3-in-1 Tool) for the ultimate Maxspect fragging experience.

Tiny pores throughout a Frag plug? Seems like an extra unneeded risk for pest introduction to me. The whole point of frag plugs is to facilitate giving the coral to someone else, not as an extra bio-ball...

Seems they're using the term "nano-tech" to make it sound all futuristic. That said, I'd imagine as the coral grew on the plug the ability of it to do anything as far as bacteria diminishes greatly

Back