Kessil

NanoCrazed's Lazy Tank(s) Journal

After multiple failed attempts to get things going, finally got my WB filled.

About and inch worth of sand from my bucket (now gotta get more sand to replenish the stock to keep it going for future builds)... and a very nice piece of LR I just picked up. Love the shape of one of the pieces of rock so making it my centerpiece, positioned asymmetrically.

Threw on my XR15 from my work tank and we're ready to cycle!

20200126_234228.jpg

===
ELOS 70
===

Meanwhile... this happened. Got a chance to buy a tear down of high end nems. These started life as CC Supernovas that has since taken off on a life, giving my tank a rags to riches story. :) . ...let's hope it doesn't go busting back to rags!

There are 12 CC SN-ish nems and 1 OG CSB in there....

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 2.06.35 AM.png

====
ELOS 70
====

Loved coming home to this sight... makes me what to hoard all these nems but that would be a poor financial decision. ... or is it? It's investing in my happiness, isn't it? :)

Daylight shot.

1581077396326.png

1581077425058.png

Advantage of a work tank... i can take frag ships and float anytime! :D

View attachment 14187

I'd probably actually recommend not floating them like that all day. Increased heat equals faster metabolism and sucking up oxygen. I think you'd be better off just keeping them at room temperature in the shipping styrofoam until you were ready to dip and place in a tank.

You should just at a coral QT at work. ;)

I'd probably actually recommend not floating them like that all day. Increased heat equals faster metabolism and sucking up oxygen. I think you'd be better off just keeping them at room temperature in the shipping styrofoam until you were ready to dip and place in a tank.

You should just at a coral QT at work. ;)
I tried doing the coral QT at work but after losing $$$ in JBs and OGs, I put that on hold. clown and damsel way too aggressive... but once I rehome them or mother nature takes them out... hmmmm... ;)

Upcycled my stand from a past Fluval Edge 6G build... perfect fit for the chiller until i upgrade it later, and functions as stand for my Trident.

Doing a calibration at the moment bit holy crap -- 70 mins???!

20200304_230738.jpg

====
Aqua Japan 85
====

Did my first Trident test last night. Numbers aren't too bad considering I do the lazy dosing route of tossing in Sea Lab no 28 dissolving cubes. Lmao.

No water change except on occasion. Kinda psuedo Triton, I suppose...

SmartSelect_20200305-073342_Apex Fusion.jpg

Congrats on your Trident! Remember that you can’t trust those numbers until it has been running a few days when you can calibrate it. Resist the temptation to adjust anything right away...

Congrats on your Trident! Remember that you can’t trust those numbers until it has been running a few days when you can calibrate it. Resist the temptation to adjust anything right away...
Thanks!

Yeah, I'm planning to let it run with two more calibration intervals before considering fully production worthy

Back