Kessil

NanoCrazed's Lazy Tank(s) Journal

AquaJapan 85
====

After those aggressive pods in my CL45 returned and started destroying yet more nems, i decided to move a few affected ones into my AJ85 and try out the nems cups I bought awhile back. So far, seems to keep the nems happy in place... but too early to tell still.

However, my filefish decided it wanted be a clown and started hosting the nem in the cup... i shooed it away and it keeps going back..

20200427_160658.jpg

AquaJapan 85
======

Wound up whacking off my pocillopora colony for like the 20th time cleaning my glass. Colony has gotten too big and grown too big where it was (at top of the larger rock to right)

So moving it down towards the bottom. Middle of tank. At least that's where I think it would go. Placing it loosely balanced on the rock for now and the will glue in place once I am happy.

In the meanwhile, gotta get some time to clean the tank up some more. I should've painted the back before setting it up in hindsight. I like the back wall showing since the wall color is deep gray to give some depth to the tank... but the salt creep marks are killing me

20200511_105800.jpg

Imaginatarium 3.7G
=====

My lil DPV nano is coming along nicely... the DPV split some time ago but the split failed. The "mother" has fully recovered and colored back up.

Not bad for a lil 3.7G with just LR and a few marine pure balls.

I purposely am leaving the glass dirty atm. Growing out pods I actually want to have. Gameplan is to swish the filter media in my other tanks once i kill off the other pods i don't care for. Mwahaha.

Btw, really liking this whole low profile look with an XR15 sitting on top of the cover glass. Might convert all my other nanos to this setup for other projects...

20200512_122221.jpg

Imaginatarium 3.7G
=====

My lil DPV nano is coming along nicely... the DPV split some time ago but the split failed. The "mother" has fully recovered and colored back up.

Not bad for a lil 3.7G with just LR and a few marine pure balls.

I purposely am leaving the glass dirty atm. Growing out pods I actually want to have. Gameplan is to swish the filter media in my other tanks once i kill off the other pods i don't care for. Mwahaha.

Btw, really liking this whole low profile look with an XR15 sitting on top of the cover glass. Might convert all my other nanos to this setup for other projects...

View attachment 15675
Looks great

Ugh -- forgot how aggressive acros can be... my branching gold hammer got knocked onto one of the acros overnight... and now two of the heads are bone white...

@ofzakaria speaking of which, it's probably time for me to move your frags up and glue them to a rock... the encrusting is now under the plugs so should don't want to waste the growth.

one thought I am considering though is to put the plugs on top of large crushed coral matrix media. idea is the encrusting would spread onto the loose pieces and I and have speed up teh. creation of colonies using the small bits that would grow and fuse back together... similar to the revitalization project being done in FL

@ofzakaria speaking of which, it's probably time for me to move your frags up and glue them to a rock... the encrusting is now under the plugs so should don't want to waste the growth.

one thought I am considering though is to put the plugs on top of large crushed coral matrix media. idea is the encrusting would spread onto the loose pieces and I and have speed up teh. creation of colonies using the small bits that would grow and fuse back together... similar to the revitalization project being done in FL
Interesting idea actually.

Imaginatarium 3.7G
======

Picked up a pair of beautiful baby clowns from @Cheedo .

Figured best tank to home them at the moment is my DPV nano.

After a night getting use to the tank, fpund the clowns hosting the DPV. :)

Surprisingly, one of the clowns is already establishing dominance once they realized there was a BTA around. The smaller one is now behind and under the DPV by the foot. I figured this pecking order biz would occur much later in their development. Prior to the DPV coming out they were best buds.

20200517_173655.jpg

AquaJapan 85
======

I picked up a random sps frag a long while ago that was mounted behind the rainbow pocillopora colony so never really got to look closely at it.

When i first grabbed it, it looked pretty unassuming. Pink with hits of green and reddish polyps.

But now, when I look at it again, it's turned into quite a piece! Rather than branch, it thicken in width and now the skin is red, green ,and peach. The body still has short red polyps but the arms coming out have long white polyps.

@ofzakaria Thoughts on this piece?

20200516_234435.jpg

AquaJapan 85
======

I picked up a random sps frag a long while ago that was mounted behind the rainbow pocillopora colony so never really got to look closely at it.

When i first grabbed it, it looked pretty unassuming. Pink with hits of green and reddish polyps.

But now, when I look at it again, it's turned into quite a piece! Rather than branch, it thicken in width and now the skin is red, green ,and peach. The body still has short red polyps but the arms coming out have long white polyps.

@ofzakaria Thoughts on this piece?

View attachment 15940
I would have said red planet if it was not for the green spots..

Back