High Tide Aquatics

Need help Switching Tank in Berkeley

boun11

Supporting Member
I am switching my 120 to Ian's old tank this Saturday from 10am to whenever. I have three people so far including myself. Would love to get 2 or 3 more people to help out. I have pretty much everything setup. Need help taking down the 120 and setting up the new tank. Lunch and drink will be provided. Thanks!

I'll swing by if I can - we've got a bunch of stuff already scheduled that day, though, so don't count on me being a big help. Sorry!

How exciting! How many hours are you budgeting for the move? I promised I'd attend my niece's birthday luncheon, maybe there's a chance I can come to help out later.

lattehiatus said:
How exciting! How many hours are you budgeting for the move? I promised I'd attend my niece's birthday luncheon, maybe there's a chance I can come to help out later.

I am hoping to get it all done within 4 to 5 hours. Here is the plan:

All of the prep work will be done on Friday night. I will have 40 gallon of new saltwater mixed the night before.
I will use a 150 gallon Rubbermaid tub to hold all of the live rock and corals
All of the fishes will be in the 32 gallon brute container with heater and circulation pump

Saturday morning.
1. Everything is pretty much plumbed except I need to decide on drilling an 1" hole for return or just create something over the tank.
2. Move the new tank inside the house (If I can get enough people--one group move the tank inside the house while the other group break down the tank)
3. break down the old tank--
4. Take the old tank outside
5. pushes the new tank where the old tank is --put everything back

I think that's about it. I am planning to start the process earlier so when people get there we can start the moving. I'm thinking of breaking down the tank around 9am and hopefully by 10am everything will be breaking down. Most of the work will be done in the morning :)

I'll help, however the car situation might be unknown on Saturday (wife takes it or she doesn't to do the farmer's markets) I should know by Friday night though.

sfsuphysics said:
I'll help, however the car situation might be unknown on Saturday (wife takes it or she doesn't to do the farmer's markets) I should know by Friday night though.

Thanks Mike! My house is close to BART... I can pick you up from BART and can give you a ride back to SF afterward:)--

Looks like a solid plan all mapped out, Boun. It's looking like I won't be back in the Berkeley/Oakland area until 2pm, please feel free to call me on the day of if you need an extra set of hands.

Best of luck with the move!

For the switch this weekend, I still need a few more people. If you can help out I would greatly appreciated. Of course you will not leave empty handed or empty stomach :)

yardartist said:
This is more painful than missing the members swap. Wish I was not at work on every Saturday.

Come by after work to see the finished product since you live so close to me :)

Boun, I'll swing by if I can. As I mentioned to you, there's a bunch of stuff we have scheduled that day, but if I can get away, even for just an hour, I'll come by to help out. Might have to bring Quincey with me...would Ally mind?

Crabby said:
Boun, I'll swing by if I can. As I mentioned to you, there's a bunch of stuff we have scheduled that day, but if I can get away, even for just an hour, I'll come by to help out. Might have to bring Quincey with me...would Ally mind?

Of course you can bring Quincey. She can plays with Ally!

Back