Reef nutrition

Need tech help connecting Apex

gmdcdvm

Supporting Member
Hello,
Recently purchased an apex pro. First apex
For me. I cannot get it to connect to our wifi. It’s gets to the point on the app where I select my network and I enter the password. Then eventually the indicator light turns blue and fails to connect.

I tried connecting via the eithenet cable but that didn’t work either.
I tried following their customer service steps. Didn’t work. Same result.

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks

Gerry

Hello,
For me. I cannot get it to connect to our wifi. It’s gets to the point on the app where I select my network and I enter the password. Then eventually the indicator light turns blue and fails to connect.

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks

Gerry
I don’t have Apex, so this will just be a guess. But I do have some Wi-Fi reef stuff that was difficult to get to connect to my wifi.

There’s 2.4ghz WiFi and 5.8ghz WiFi. Lots of new stuff doesn’t support 5.8ghz, only 2.4ghz. When your router is pumping out 5.8ghz and your Apex only supports 2.4ghz, it won’t connect.

See if your router has a separate 2.4ghz band and see if you can connect to that with the Apex.

In my case I have a Google WiFi mesh system. The Google routers support both 2.4 and 5.8 but default to 5.8 with no way to manually switch to 2.4. For the Google system to put out 2.4, the signal has to be bad, since 2.4 is a stronger signal than 5.8. To get my 2.4 stuff to connect to the Google WiFi I unplugged all of my wifi points so the signal in my house was weak and made Google put out the 2.4. Once I did that everything connected. Then once I was connected I plugged the other points back in. On Google, once the something connects to the 2.4 it will stay connected.

That’s my .02 cents. Hope you can figure it out.

For my Jebao wifi stuff, I know its 2.4ghz only. So I have a WifFiName24 and WiFiName50 networks on each respective channel. I'd guess that the apex is also 2.4ghz only.

Hello,

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks

Gerry
is it possible to run a temporary cat5 wire from router to apex? Get it going hardwired, then work on the wireless.

Oh wait now I read you tried the cat5 cable.....I would suggest to keep trying with the hardwire before going wireless.

My first apex I got working with hardwire, but had to use some wireless adapter to make it work on wifi, and yes only 2.4Ghz channel.

If your still having issues I could help out this weekend.

Also, plug in a laptop or something to make sure your hardwire line is actually working!

Now that I think back, I remember connecting the APEX to my router RIGHT NEXT to the router, not at the fish tank. Get communications going, then I think I fabbed up a 50' patch cable and put the APEX at the tank.

Whenever I get stuck trying to connect a device to my wifi, I’ll create a guest ssid with no password. You won’t have to keep entering the password with every attempt. Not sure if this is your problem.

Once you figure out the problem to connect to the guest ssid, connecting the the usual password protected ssid should be straight forward.

Good luck

Back