Kessil

New 260G Reef Install

robert4025

Neptune Aquatics
LFS Owner
Pretty damn proud of myself with this one. Got it done in 7 days. Ready for water and aquascaping next week.

9EB580E3-5E3D-4521-B7E7-CF352D034519.jpeg

Ooh, this is going to be a tough one to find the coffee cup in. Is it behind one of those plants? Or wait, I think I see it in the reflection of the tank, on the counter!

check out the front view of the sump, the return pump has an open T in that area, but its pointing the wrong way?

That is the correct way. There will be a water fill line coming from the garage from under the floor to fill the tank (using the return line) with fresh saltwater.

Nice! Done in 7 days?!

Looks like the side panels of the stand are all doors as well? I love it when everywhere in the sump is easy-access.

I like the look of the Kessils with the narrow reflectors mounted up high but I’m concerned the coverage/spread won’t be so great. It’ll be interesting to how you do the landscaping with the deep square footprint and lights from the middle.

Last edited:
Nice! Done in 7 days?!

Looks like the side panels of the stand are all doors as well? I love it when everywhere in the sump in easy-access.

I like the look of the Kessils with the narrow reflectors mounted up high but I’m concerned the coverage/spread won’t be so great. It’ll be interesting to how you do the landscaping with the deep square footprint and lights from the middle.

Yep. 3 days of plumbing and 3.5 days of cable dressing. 0.5 day of slacking off…that’s mandatory…lol

The Kessils are on swivel mounts so it was super easy to target the light exactly where I need it. Additionally, they are mounted about 25% toward the front of the tank so very little was spill outside the target area to blind the client while he’s watching TV. The other added benefit is that it should really minimize the shadowing affect on the front of the tank due to different angles of the point source beams. And finally, if more light is needed in the future, adding more to the T-channel strut would be fairly easy to do.

I’ll know for sure once the aquascaping are done next week.

Reactions: JVU
Back