got ethical husbandry?

New DBTC Frag Status Feature

I added a feature to the DBTC tracking software that allows you to record a status with each frag. You can mark a frag as any one of the following:
Growing Out - I have received this frag and am currently growing it out to a point where I can pass on frags
Frags Ready - I have grown out frags of this coral and am looking for someone to take them.
Complete - I have passed on frags of this coral, completing the chain requirements. I am no longer necessarily growing frags of it.
Dead - This frag died before I could pass on the required number of frags.

When you add a new frag, it's status will automatically be set to 'Growing Out'. To change the status of a frag, hit 'Edit Frag', select the frag you want to change the status of, select a new status, then push 'Save'.

I hope this will be a useful new feature!

imo, this is a great feature and should be mandatory/part of the dbtc rules. there are so many dbtc threads with frags passed out more than a year ago, heck even 2 years ago, without any updates. with this feature, we will not need to police the forum and ask for updates. also, puts forth some sort of accountability. great job pixelpixi!

It is :) Go to the chain and select "Edit frag"
Then select
Donor--> Your name

When you edit this, you get a new drop down box with the new menu options

Hey Erin. A frag I received was not doing well, so I put it back in DBTC. Is there a way to mark it's progress? Would an "Other" option work out?

Well that didn't take very long, including my "frags ready" of my Caulerpa prolifera :D

I know this should go in WIBGI or Forum comments, but what would be nice is a nice uncluttered view of the statuses of any particular person, similar to the DBTC tab but instead show what's ready/what's dead/what's complete.

OK all, time to step up and go through DBTC threads updating the status of your frags.

The fast way is click "my account" on the left nav, then choose the DBTC tab, then start clicking the links to the frags you've received (or given).

Once we hit critical mass with this feature, we'll be able to do a bunch of cool things like post lists of the frags that are available and clear our the old dead chains!

But for now, go update your frag status! :)

/Bump!

Everyone please help DBTC kick butt and update the status for EVERY coral you have received.
Some have completely updated their status, but many have not or only partially updated.

How to do it:

1) Click on "My Account" in the left hand menu
2) Click on "DBTC"
3) Go to your "Frags Received" section and click on every link that doesn't have a status. Here is mine for an example
4) Go to the original post and click" Edit a Frag" button example
5) select your transation (ie From someone--> your name) example
6) update the status and click "Save". example
7) repeat for all your frags lacking a status
8) feel good for helping BAR make its DBTC program even more successful!

Back