Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

New Hobbyist Workshop Volunteer Thread (April 12th 12:30-3:00PM)

Guest
Joined
Aug 1, 2012
Messages
2,903
I'll cover lighting. While I don't consider myself an expert, I can at least run the table with what I know. :)
 
Guest
Joined
Dec 23, 2010
Messages
1,213
I can take a slot at welcome table and at gear swap. I have limited time that day so I can't help with setup or cleanup this time.
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 2, 2014
Messages
886
How many people are we expecting? I'm going to print out some handouts for cycling and wanted to know how many to print.
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
1,852
How many people are we expected? I'm going to print out some handouts for cycling and wanted to know how many to print.
Its hard to estimate since all the advertising is done through the stores and I have no way to get a headcount. I was going to plan for up to maybe 30 to be safe. If you need me to get things printed for you using the BAR funds, please let me know!
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
1,852
Hi everyone! The event is fast approaching! Thank you for everyone who has volunteered. Please let me know if you need anything specific for demos or handouts or whatever for your station! Also, it would be great to get a few more volunteers to help with the stations so please don't be shy. We'll be selling pizza for lunch at the event and all the volunteers get free lunch on BAR for helping out! This event definitely depends on you guys, so we appreciate all your help.
 
Past President
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
19,014
Is help with pizza pickup and or sales needed? Or maybe I'll just wander around and chat with people. I can be a walking general info booth!
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
1,852
Is help with pizza pickup and or sales needed? Or maybe I'll just wander around and chat with people. I can be a walking general info booth!
David is getting the pizza, but we do need someone to help man the lunch table during the event. If you could help out with that, that would be great! You're also more than welcome to be a walking general info booth :)
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 1, 2012
Messages
2,903
How many people are we expecting? I'm going to print out some handouts for cycling and wanted to know how many to print.
If anything, you can just refer them to our site with a link to a thread that you created with the same exact information. It'll also give new hobbyists an opportunity to "continue the conversation" of what was discussed at the workshop that everyone can reference.

Besides, it's more eco-friendly. :)
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 2, 2014
Messages
886
If anything, you can just refer them to our site with a link to a thread that you created with the same exact information. It'll also give new hobbyists an opportunity to "continue the conversation" of what was discussed at the workshop that everyone can reference.

Besides, it's more eco-friendly. :)

That is a good idea. I will post a new thread with what I've written up..

I'll print out the url on little cards.


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
1,852
That is a good idea. I will post a new thread with what I've written up..

I'll print out the url on little cards.


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Perfect! We can always print out a couple copies for you to have at your table for people to look at while they're there if you'd like too.
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 2, 2014
Messages
886
No worries; I'll print out a few copies at home and bring them along.
Thanks,
Tyler
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
1,852
No worries; I'll print out a few copies at home and bring them along.
Thanks,
Tyler
Thanks Tyler! You sure make my job easier by being so on top of everything! I've got your bottles for you, so I can help you quickly fill those up before the event starts. Also, I'll bring you some sheet protectors to put the printouts on your station in so they don't get all wet during your water test demos :)
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
1,852
Hi everyone! I just wanted to say thank you so much to our volunteers! You guys really rocked it today! The new hobbyists really enjoyed the event and we got quite a few new members! You were all so well prepared and did a great job helping me keep it all running smoothly! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with the new hobbyists!
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 2, 2014
Messages
886
It was my pleasure. I've learned so much from other hobbyists it was nice to be able to share the knowledge I've accumulate over the years too.

It was also nice to meet everyone and see how active the reefing community is here. Such a refreshing change!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
1,852
It was my pleasure. I've learned so much from other hobbyists it was nice to be able to share the knowledge I've accumulate over the years too.

It was also nice to meet everyone and see how active the reefing community is here. Such a refreshing change!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
It was very nice to meet you in person! Glad to have another active new member in the club! I appreciate how organized you were with prepping for the workshop! Definitely made my job easier :)
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 2, 2014
Messages
886
It was very nice to meet you in person! Glad to have another active new member in the club! I appreciate how organized you were with prepping for the workshop! Definitely made my job easier :)

Nice to meet you as well. I'm glad there is a club here I can be active in.

Hey always willing to help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
Top