Reef nutrition

New (kinda) member

Meshmez

Supporting Member
Hi all! I have been a guest member here for a few years but not really done much. Decided to becoming a supporting member and looking forward to being a more active participant in this community.

I have had reef thanks for around 10 years now. I recently restarted my 150gal tank. House was going through a major remodel, so my tank was broken down about 2 years ago and fish and coral were housed in smaller tanks I set up at my parents house. Originally it was supposed to be for 6 months, ended up being about 1.5 years lost quite a bit over that time, but starting to build it back up!

I have attached a couple pics of my display tank. Still deciding if I want to build up the rockwork a little more on the right side.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi!
20200504_222112.jpg
20200504_222100.jpg
15890421163445678978024853775378.jpg

Welcoming to our place in space.
and thank you for becoming a $upporting member (it shows your commitment )
we are well worth the membership fee
best fishes, happy reefing

Welcome! It looks like your fuge is lit by a COB grow light, I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to electrical but I was warned to make sure that it is plugged into a gfci outlet. I’m not sure how accurate it is since it is on reddit but this thread led me to get a new fuge light. Just wanted to share the warning I got

Welcome! It looks like your fuge is lit by a COB grow light, I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to electrical but I was warned to make sure that it is plugged into a gfci outlet. I’m not sure how accurate it is since it is on reddit but this thread led me to get a new fuge light. Just wanted to share the warning I got
Thanks for the info. Yes, the whole tank is on a gfci. I definitely shouldn't have the light just sitting on the top though but I have been meaning to mount it...

no bad for just getting back in and considering all your stuff was housed at your parents house, seems like you were still keeping up on modern equipment. *hint hint* I see that Trident ( those are super hard to get a hold of) it shows your commitment to the hobby by putting in the effort to find one of those unicorns.

no bad for just getting back in and considering all your stuff was housed at your parents house, seems like you were still keeping up on modern equipment. *hint hint* I see that Trident ( those are super hard to get a hold of) it shows your commitment to the hobby by putting in the effort to find one of those unicorns.
When I started setting the tank back up I decided to splurge on the newer apex, along with some other goodies to go with it :) the trident is nice, and I feel overall I will take better care of the tank and have a more stable environment having that monitored rather than always putting off testing...

Reactions: JVU
Welcome to the family and nice setup.
How come you are not making diffrent height structures with you aquascape?
It kinda happened unintentionally... And I'm thinking of trying to modify it. I really like the separate structures so I wanted to keep the gaps between them. I was trying to build up the right side more, but every time I did it, it just looked like a skyscraper. I couldn't get a sloped structure, so it was just a big rock sticking straight up, and I wanted more surface area for corals. I may try putting a bridge between the 2 structures farthest to the right, or add a rock in the back right corner and then build on top of that and the right structure. Open to suggestions too. My original intent was to get higher and higher as you move from. Left to right.

It kinda happened unintentionally... And I'm thinking of trying to modify it. I really like the separate structures so I wanted to keep the gaps between them. I was trying to build up the right side more, but every time I did it, it just looked like a skyscraper. I couldn't get a sloped structure, so it was just a big rock sticking straight up, and I wanted more surface area for corals. I may try putting a bridge between the 2 structures farthest to the right, or add a rock in the back right corner and then build on top of that and the right structure. Open to suggestions too. My original intent was to get higher and higher as you move from. Left to right.
Yeh I would creat some structures so you have options of placements. Some coral will need high par some not...this way you can creat options for you..

Check out reef safe cement. Makes building structure much more doable.
Emarco and the nyos stuff are both good.
Are those usable underwater in a running tank? I used fiberglass rods and epoxy on a lot of the structure.
,my issue as more about space. I need a bigger base to make a nice slope up to the peak.

OK, so you all confirmed my suspicions that my rockwork was lacking some height. What do you all think of something as simple as adding a little bit like this? Please ignore the cyano..
20200516_195518.jpg
20200516_195530.jpg
20200516_195542.jpg

Back