High Tide Aquatics

new

im new in the salt water business. i have freshwater right now but i want to keep it. i want to get a 30 biocube or whatever there called, something small to start out with. what do i need if i by a biocube, such as filtration, pretien skimmer, rodi if necessary?

Welcome.
Folks on this forum are very knowledgeable, but another great resource for BioCubes is:
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180788&st=0&start=0

Get the 29 Gallon BioCube with 150w metal halide HQI. You won't regret it later on when you get more experience when you want to try a SPS (hard corals) that requires metal halide lighting.

Joining BAR is a great thing. The $20 membership is worth the advice alone, plus you get to participate in BAR activities, and you can share and receive corals in the DBTC. It feels really good to give back to others that have helped you, and when you help others by sharing experience and coral for the DBTC you'll receive lots of knowledge and some corals. I'm sure many of the BAR members (including I) will share some beginner corals to get your tank started once your tank has cycled. If it weren't for BAR I wouldn't be where I am in the hobby today, which would be a sad, sad thing if my tanks weren't the same. Anyways, join BAR. It is 110% worth it. :)

:) Welcome to the forum just, like Euphyllia I would be glad to give you some beginner corals. What are you thinking of putting in the BioCube? Maybe you could post stuff about your new tank on the tank journals page.

Back