High Tide Aquatics

Newbie from the bay

Hello guys

I’m Oswaldo zanella 17yrs old and this is my first time on a forum
I started doing salt water just this year and I’m glad to say I’ve been really successful.
I’m still a newbie and I hope I learn a lot from you guys!
I also hope to go to these frag swap mtgs and these silent auctions, they sound really fun and interesting
I’ve Got soft corals and LPS. I’m still scared of trying SPS. Until I gain better equipment and knowledge is when I will get into SPS
I also started into fresh water at the age of 14 and mastered so I had to learn salt water
I loved salt water since I can remember but knew it was too hard and expensive but that wasn’t true well for soft coral lol
Well that kinda sums everything about me! I hope to learn more on this forum

Welcome! Check out the Tank Journal forum and set one up for your tank when you have time. Is your family into the aquarium hobby or just you?

Welcome Oswaldo. It's a good idea to stick with softies and LPS as they definitely make the hobby less stressful as you're learning since it's less things you need to worry about dealing with.

Next frag swap we'll have will be sometime in the early months next year, there will be a requirement that you're a supporting member of the forum well in advanced (like around now). So make sure you become one if you'd like to participate in that swap. But in the mean time, ask questions if you have them, start a tank thread in the tank journal subforum if so inclined, and otherwise welcome.

Welcome!
I think a lot of the old "salt water is really hard" is from old days when we did not have the equipment or understanding.
Soft corals and few fish are quite doable.

Back