License to krill

[Oct 15, 2016] How to Frag Your Corals Workshop!

Hey y'all let's frag some corals! We'll be having a lil informal class on fragging corals.

Information
  • Date: Saturday October 15, 2016
  • Start Time: 12:30PM
We'll cover different techniques for fragging different corals.
  • Which tools work best for which corals under certain circumstances.
  • Which corals should be fragged and which ones cannot be fragged.
  • What to do after you frag a coral? (e.g., don't put fresh cut fleshy corals in high flow or the skin will rip off)
  • I'll be fragging corals in front of you so feel free to ask questions!

I'm bringing these to frag
Jack-o-lantern Lepto
Rainbow Bubble Tipped Anemone
Montipora
Zoas
Acan Echinata (free frags for new members)
Hammer Colony (free frags for new members)

Also, we will be having a little meeting after to meet the New People interested in helping with the BAR Club Events. This is super important to this club.
@tankguy , @Corallus , @Flagg37 hopefully you can make it. Anyone else interested in helping please feel free to stick around after the Coral Fragging Class :)

Last edited:
This is awesome, just started my first tank in the last month and would love to see someone experienced work first hand and meet some other local reef lovers!

Vhuang168

Supporting Member
@Enderturtle I will not be going but I can drop off a Hammer n a birdsnest mini colony and maybe a Duncan when I go over tomorrow if you have room to hold them till then. I don't need them bk, you can give them away after the demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Enderturtle I will not be going but I can drop off a Hammer n a birdsnest mini colony and maybe a Duncan when I go over tomorrow if you have room to hold them till then. I don't need them bk, you can give them away after the demo.

Awesome vincent! I have room for one hammer mini colony

Geneva

I will bring a big Oakland A’s chalice (green with yellow eyes), a frogspawn (green with purple tips), and a neon-green hammer - both fairly large with many heads. I want to keep a piece of each but will give DBTC or trade the rest!

Last edited:

Flagg37

Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure the hammer you're taking him is the same one I offered that you gave me.

Since it is lunch time, do we want to grab pizza? I'll have paper plates cups etc.

Oh could someone bring some nametags

Since it is lunch time, do we want to grab pizza? I'll have paper plates cups etc.

Oh could someone bring some nametags
If that sounds good to everyone I'm happy to cover the cost of at least a couple pies and can bring a couple six packs if that's OK? Pizza beer and corals sounds like a perfect Saturday :)