Jestersix

Ofzakaria Japanese Nepthea

hello all,

this is a thread for the nepthea that I will pass to @Coral reefer for frag and distribution.

Am gonna follow the program rules so:

- must be supporting member

- grow out the coral you receive, frag it when larger enough, and distribute AT LEAST 2 frags as large or larger than what you got to other members before you trade it or swap it.

- Must have a tank journal to show your system can sustain LPS and softies

- pls provide updates every so often, including pics

- do not sell it until you pass at least 2 drags to other BAR reefers.

For now this is the mother colony pic. Will update the frag pics later.

Neon green, color in my system,
in the right condition fast grower.
Like mid to high flow mid to high light,
I have it on the top section of the tank.
Grew under LED T5 combo.

My system parameters:
Salinity 35ppt
Alk 7
Ca 490
K+ 400
No3 0.5
Po4 0.05
If you want a frag, feel free to email me on bayareareef@gmail.com

Attachments

• 20200201_144450.jpg
    20200201_144450.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:
Are you comfortable with having someone come over during the "shelter in place order", if so, I can come up whenever its convenient for you.

I got the smaller of my two frags to @Purgo25 today. I still have the larger frag available for a porch pick up in Santa Clara. It is about 3” tall.

I know I am giving out frags smaller than what I got but I have zero intention on ever selling so I hope it’s okay. It seems like a good way to get frags into more member tanks.
B44C3875-2ADB-436C-9894-177CBF229A71.jpeg

I got the smaller of my two frags to @Purgo25 today. I still have the larger frag available for a porch pick up in Santa Clara. It is about 3” tall.

I know I am giving out frags smaller than what I got but I have zero intention on ever selling so I hope it’s okay. It seems like a good way to get frags into more member tanks.
View attachment 15425
I agree. I don’t think most people want a “frag” as big as what you got. Good job!

Do these drop branches like some other leathers like colts? It's a nice looking coral, but would be afraid of it getting out of control.

Back