Kessil

Oh no... My lighting... Again. Something happen.

I don't think the ballast will stop working because you didn't change your bulb. Sounds like a bad ballast, is there a warranty from the manufacturer?

r0ck0 said:
I don't think the ballast will stop working because you didn't change your bulb. Sounds like a bad ballast, is there a warranty from the manufacturer?

It's been partially explained in this very thread how not changing a bulb can lead to a burned out ballast.

Greg, JBJ manufacture warranty is ridiculous because it's only 6 month with in purchase date. I assume it was at least a year, but i read online, they only accept 6 month. Pretty stupid huh?

OK optical illusion, or maybe I am finally loosing the plot but it sure looks like your smiley shrinks from left to right :lol:

nanocube-guy said:
Greg, JBJ manufacture warranty is ridiculous because it's only 6 month with in purchase date. I assume it was at least a year, but i read online, they only accept 6 month. Pretty stupid huh?

If you paid with your credit card you might check with your credit card if they have any warranty bonuses. Some cards will automatically double the manufacture's warranty.

r0ck0 said:

Ballasts can go bad due to overheating if the bulb is old or bad.

You ever see a street light fire warm up then go out eventually leading to the light not firing? The ballast is overheating trying to keep the bulb lit when it shouldn't be, with e-ballasts that is not a problem, mag ballasts OTOH don't have brains, which, by the way, makes them impervious to zombies. That's a different story.

BTW, my info comes from folks in "horticulture" that run a ton of lights simultaneously.

r0ck0 said:
If you paid with your credit card you might check with your credit card if they have any warranty bonuses. Some cards will automatically double the manufacture's warranty.
They say six month only... I read it online and talk to them. It's okay, it gives me an excuse to upgrade to a 150watt MH.
tuberider said:
Ballasts can go bad due to overheating if the bulb is old or bad.

You ever see a street light fire warm up then go out eventually leading to the light not firing? The ballast is overheating trying to keep the bulb lit when it shouldn't be, with e-ballasts that is not a problem, mag ballasts OTOH don't have brains, which, by the way, makes them impervious to zombies. That's a different story.

BTW, my info comes from folks in "horticulture" that run a ton of lights simultaneously.
I see, thanks for explaining.

okay got my fixture... problem is solved.... please take the time check it out and tell me what you think? I appreciate all your help and support guys. Thanks a lot. http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/2501?page=8#comment-136716

Back