Our mission

Opinions on Philips CoralCare gen2 lights?

@rygh if you ever want to check out my ReeFi Uno 2.0 in person, let me know. It's pretty quiet. But for what you want, I think the perceived risk with the Stratons is low, just expensive.

Low volume vendor may disappear.

I feel that's underappreciated with a lot of this stuff. Out of some guy's garage equipment is awesome, particularly when associated with a hobbiest with good intentions, but it's also subject to that individual being competent enough to scale a business out.

If the person decides not to do that, then you're subject to the amount of effort someone is willing to invest in a side project. If they do that, then they're going to need to scale out QA, and build proper warranties, and make more money (for themselves and hiring people), and prices will go up.

All that being said, if they cost is less then a big company's warranty replacement cost, then it doesn't matter anyway...

You should look into Lux pucks. https://www.luxdium.com/
Now I regret tossing some of my AI primes in the trash in anger.
Although for those, the main electronics were fried, so it would not have worked.

The thing is, my AI primes had 3 problems:
Fans died often.
The UV burned out the lens plus caused LED board damage.
The other board died as well sometimes. I think near one of the drivers.
And yes, the technology was becoming obsolete.

Looks like a great board though, with the right color mix.
Like the Lumia puck, it might help a lot for DIY.
I wonder if I can get specs on pinout and current for the board itself.

For my 150 i was debating between Neptune Sky and Stratons; ultimately I went with Sky's as I read the app/controls for the Stratons was not easy/intuitive unlike the Sky's. On my nem tank i went with the ReefI Uno 2.0 Pro. I'm liking both alot.

For my 150 i was debating between Neptune Sky and Stratons; ultimately I went with Sky's as I read the app/controls for the Stratons was not easy/intuitive unlike the Sky's. On my nem tank i went with the ReefI Uno 2.0 Pro. I'm liking both alot.
I have Reefi Uno 2.0 Pros over my tank and they are great (quiet, powerful, reliable, very controlled light bleed). I have another tank and was thinking of going with Skys. What are your comparative thoughts after running both for a while?

Aesthetically, how do their spectrum options compare? I tend to favor a whiter spectrum most of the time, but do enjoy ramping while blue.

Back